What's new
What's new

Racine Power Hacksaw

charlierclark

Plastic
Hi All, I recently purchased a Racine Model 66W2. It has an anchor stamped in the casting so one can assume it's from the same era as my Logan lathe with the same anchor stamp which is dated to WW2. I have a question about the Racine, it is missing the vise component that allows for tightening against the moveable side of the vise. I have pictures of it and belive I can recreate it, however I do not know how it attaches under the toothed section of the vise table. It has a long handle threaded into a casting which locks into the toothed section to securely clamp the material. Any additional information about it, pictures anything would be of help.

Thanks
Charlie

Hi All, I recently purchased a Racine Model 66W2. It has an anchor stamped in the casting so one can assume it's from the same era as my Logan lathe with the same anchor stamp which is dated to WW2. I have a question about the Racine, it is missing the vise component that allows for tightening against the moveable side of the vise. I have pictures of it and belive I can recreate it, however I do not know how it attaches under the toothed section of the vise table. It has a long handle threaded into a casting which locks into the toothed section to securely clamp the material. Any additional information about it, pictures anything would be of help.

Thanks
Charlie
Without a photo it is hard for me to envision this on your machine. However on my Kellner, there is just a 1/4" round rod that drops into the half round toothed section. It seems weird that this holds the work securely when the screw of the movable jaw is tight but it does.

Here is a picture of the saw I have,and a pic of my saw missing the piece. Y
racine4-jpg.436688
ou can see the long rod with a tee handle threded into a cast part and it looks like it locks into the toothed section of the bed.

racine 2.jpgracine5.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2603.jpeg
    IMG_2603.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2605.jpeg
    IMG_2605.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2604.jpeg
    IMG_2604.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14

Back