What's new
What's new

Radial Arm Drill

ThatGuysFarm

Plastic
I'm looking for a large radial arm drill. The bigger the better. Anyone have anything they are looking to move?

What's your max and min and area?

A 19" Carlton can be 20+ tons and way overheight to move in one piece.

What's your max and min and area?

A 19" Carlton can be 20+ tons and way overheight to move in one piece.
The shop has 24' sidewalls so we can fit a pretty big machine. Shipping is a whole other can of worms, but not a deal breaker. Do you have any pics? Thanks

ThatGuysFarm

I have a 100 year old American with a #6 taper . Has 6 ft. of reach. It has a 7 1/2 hp motor. Weighs about 12 to 14 k lbs. and is located on the Alabama coast. It is FREE for removal.
Price sounds good! Do you have any pics? That's a long ways from me but I know a few truckers that might be able to do a back haul.

We had a Fosdick we were trying to give away for scrap value a few months ago.

19" Column
8' Long Arm
10' Tall

No takers so it went to the scrap yard.

@ThatGuysFarm

If you are not in a hurry, I am in the process of moving it out of the shop to an area where it can be loaded out. I will post photos later. It left American Toolworks Dec. 31, 1916 one of 15 that left that day. Was rebuilt in 1953 by Simonds and delivered to a local paper mill. I bought it from the paper mill.

@ThatGuysFarm

If you are not in a hurry, I am in the process of moving it out of the shop to an area where it can be loaded out. I will post photos later. It left American Toolworks Dec. 31, 1916 one of 15 that left that day. Was rebuilt in 1953 by Simonds and delivered to a local paper mill. I bought it from the paper mill.
I'm interested if I can make the hauling logistics work! Please keep me posted.

that Csepel is a massive machine...at 19k i see why its still there but maybe thats what they go for...there is an american hole wizard outside of detroit that looked good for a lot less. smaller machine but looked decent.

No affiliation, except I have purchased from them in the past. A similar one sold here on auction a few months ago- they generally go cheap.

I have a war baby 13" 5' arm with 15HP and a V base. It was from Beechcraft and I think it was part of the Douglas A20/26 partnership.

I is not huge but with two bases and 15HP very versaPXL_20231208_210411146.jpgPXL_20231208_210436643.jpgPXL_20231208_210453744.jpgtile

Back