What's new
What's new

Rare vertical head Aciera F3

mlang

Plastic
Hello everybody,
I´m Michael, a 44year old mechanic engineer and live near Stuttgart in southern Germany.

Since several years I own a well-equipped Aciera F3, and last year I was able to buy some more
parts for it. I bought also a vertical head which seems to be quite rare. I have added a photo of the head and also a part of the catalog and was wondering if you ever got in touch with this part or may know somebody who owns one. I also asked some time ago in a specific german online forum and also wrote to
several swiss spare part dealers – no result.

I have a questions regarding the internal design of the spindle and also would be interested in an spare parts list for the head

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards

Michael

file.php

I have not seen that head in any Aciera literature that I have. That head looks very nice and useful. I have never understood why F3s did not normally have quill heads.

I have not seen that head in any Aciera literature that I have. That head looks very nice and useful. I have never understood why F3s did not normally have quill heads.

Easy- drilling is to be laid out and done in a drill press. Drilling on a milling machine is for the yanks

The quill is not only helpful for drilling....

Thank's for Yor Feedback so far. I think ist will be hard to find any informations regarding this head, since not even the swiss companies had any drawing or spare parts list. But we will see.

Nice looking head, but a bit disoriented it seems...
That machine if i am not wrong is built with the operators controls on the left side....
But they mounted the quill feed on the right...Seems it would have been more convenient on the opposite side....

"Easy- drilling is to be laid out and done in a drill press. Drilling on a milling machine is for the yanks"

What an absolute load of crap......"Yea i got this nice 4 axis machining center over there with a full program of the part i am making....but i gotta stop, take the part out of the mill and go over to the drill press,
layout all 60 holes with my scale and center punch.....Then drill and hand tap all.......

If you are just going to drill some holes, sure the DP is best...But if the part is already on the mill doing some machining, only an idiot would remove the part to take it over to another machine to complete some drilled holes..

Cheers Ross

The squarish style of the head looks similar to the pre-final version, post-rounded F-4 heads but with exaggerated taper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aciera is known for occasional oddball stuff. They could have made it simply because someone asked for it. I would say it is the ultimate rare, one of a kind.

Nice looking head, but a bit disoriented it seems...
That machine if i am not wrong is built with the operators controls on the left side....
But they mounted the quill feed on the right...Seems it would have been more convenient on the opposite side....

"Easy- drilling is to be laid out and done in a drill press. Drilling on a milling machine is for the yanks"

What an absolute load of crap......"Yea i got this nice 4 axis machining center over there with a full program of the part i am making....but i gotta stop, take the part out of the mill and go over to the drill press,
layout all 60 holes with my scale and center punch.....Then drill and hand tap all.......

If you are just going to drill some holes, sure the DP is best...But if the part is already on the mill doing some machining, only an idiot would remove the part to take it over to another machine to complete some drilled holes..

Cheers Ross

You missed my joke Ross, that was a saying from an old German machinist that started his apprenticeship at 13.

I don’t have a drill press in the shop, that’s why we have a Bridgeport.

I think tradition kept many quills off of European mills, I cannot think of any other reason.

Back