What's new
What's new

Reproduction Miller Syncrowave 250DX Tig Welder Pulser and Sequencer Boards.

Contract_Pilot

Plastic
Since I own a Miller 250DX After seeing the sticker shock of factory miller boards. I decided to make some Reproduction Pulser and Sequencer Boards. I Did not think it would take off like it did!

First One Was For the More Modern Slant Face Units I went thru a Few Revisions fine Tuning it.
Blog Post. https://www.stevenrhine.com/?p=131392
Replacement-For-Miller-300547-and-300548-Top-scaled.jpg

Since I had a lot of request for the Older 250DX where the boards that were obsolete and no longer made the Second Was For The Older Flat Face 250DX Units The Electrical side was the same but Pots Were Different Spacing. I was about ready to go and buy an entire older 250dx welder to be able to get reliable measurements but I stumbled across a 20 year old New old stock face plate and with the 3d printing I was able to test fit and made it happen really quick.
Blog Post: https://www.stevenrhine.com/?p=133176
Old-Miller-250DX-Front-Plate-For-Pulse-Sequencer-Measurments.jpg
Replacement-For-Miller-190734-190738-250DX-Pulse-Sequencer-Boards-3D-Print-Prusa-768x432.jpg

Old-Miller-250DX-Front-Plate-For-Pulse-and-Sequencer-3d-print-Prusa-Test-Fit-768x432.jpg

Replacement-For-Miller-190734-and-190738-Combo-Top-scaled.jpg

Was a Fun Project and Making a lot of People Happy at 1/2 the cost of millers options for what they have available.

Last edited:
dkmc, I still have one more to do the Sequencer For the Older 350LX it has a rotary switch in the center of the sequencer PCB I will need to prob get a machine to make that one LOL

That's legit, any way i could convince you to do something similar for a Lincoln precision tig 275. Or are you allergic to red? ;)

https://www.lincolnelectric.com/en/products/k2621-1

1000usd is more than what i paid for the used machine and water cooler.
Not alergic to red.. I have a 255C
20220702_194212-scaled.jpg

I looked in to it a while back for a friend who had a PT 275. The 275 option board it has more then just the controls. The board's have a Cypress CY37192 and/or a CY8C27643 wich both are protected/secured and locked from reading. Red will not give up the firmware till a right to repair law is passed to make them. Then there would be issues making reproductions using the official firmware. Unlike the miller ya already own it as it's already on the main board in your machine.
PT275 Option Board.jpg PT275 Option Board 2.jpg
PT275 Option Board-1-1.jpg PT275 Option Board-1-2.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my Little Cypress PSoC Programmer as my Xeltek Programmers only supported the CY37192 off board.

Cypres-PSOC-Programmer-Infornt-of-Xeltek-scaled.jpg

CY37192 Off Board Only No ISP Option on the Xeltek Equipmet
Cypress-CY37192-Xeltek-6100N-Copy.png

CY8C27643 Supported Incurcuit But Was also (Secured) Read Locked.
Cypress-CY8C27643-ISP-Xeltek-6100N-Copy.png

Last edited:
dkmc, I still have one more to do the Sequencer For the Older 350LX it has a rotary switch in the center of the sequencer PCB I will need to prob get a machine to make that one LOL

I have a good working Syncrowave 350. Would that be of any help or does it have to be an LX?

I have a good working Syncrowave 350. Would that be of any help or does it have to be an LX?
Would have to be an older 350LX they all came stock with a Pulse but not the sequencer the layout and wiring is different to accommodate the rotary switch in the center. If I can get the precise measurements and layout in MM it will not be a problem making up a reproduction PCB.

Miller-350LX-V1-Front.jpg

Once I get the layout of the holes it will not take long to make the PCB I do have a saved search for the front plate I may get lucky again and find a NOS one.
Here is the blog post i made on it. https://www.stevenrhine.com/?p=133276

Legacy-350LX-Prototype.png

Last edited:
RE: The pricey board for the Lincoln machine.............. Hell, compared to a new machine, it's reasonable.

Recently repaired a little HH190 for the princely sum of $168 for a new board from Miller. That's cheap. I'd tell most folks to just be glad it's available. Go price a new machine.

Same same with my 250GXT. My LWS tells me a new board is around 500 clams..........against marching out and buying a new GXT for $7000. Luckily don't need one.........it's a basic indestructible machine, much like the older LN25. Nothing ever goes wrong.

Seems to me that where people get hosed is when they go out and buy an engine drive with "chopper technology".................something not really needed. Then the internals wind up being as high as a kite. Same with all the inverter crap that's around.

Don't do TIG, so I can't speak to it. For me anyways........gimme a simple transformer machine that makes sparks, and I'm good to go. But, I'm an old bastard YMMV.

farmersamm,​

Miller Charges About $1,155 or more for the Pulser ($445) and Sequencer ($710) upgrade/option for the Modern 250DX/350LX and for the Older 250dx's it is an Unobtainable Part form Miller or the Dealers. There are a lot of the machines around that were sold as base units without the options.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 15-32-31 Miller Syncrowave 250 DX Sequencer Module - Arc Welding Acce...png
    Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 15-32-31 Miller Syncrowave 250 DX Sequencer Module - Arc Welding Acce...png
    400.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 15-37-58 Miller Syncrowave 250 DX Pulser Option - Arc Welding Accesso...png
    Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 15-37-58 Miller Syncrowave 250 DX Pulser Option - Arc Welding Accesso...png
    404.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 08-09-02 Welder Service Parts - Best prices on 100% OEM Welder Parts and Plasma Parts - Shoppi...png
    08-09-02 Welder Service Parts - Best prices on 100% OEM Welder Parts and Plasma Parts - Shoppi...png
    151.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 08-12-06 Miller 300547 Sequencer Syn 250_350 Eff w_Le282983.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 08-12-06 Miller 300547 Sequencer Syn 250_350 Eff w_Le282983.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 3
Don't get me wrong. I think what you're doing is great. It's just the people that complain about the cost of parts that sort of annoys me. I don't like the cost either, but it beats owning a boat anchor once something goes wrong.

Both Miller, and Lincoln, used to publish Tech Manuals, and make them available to consumers. NO LONGER. They were simple test procedures for non-electronics techs to use. You don't have to know theory to run these tests. This is what's been behind the "right to repair" movement. People are fed up with it. If you scour the Net, there are still some of these manuals floating around either in PDF form, or for sale. It's a damn shame you have to resort to searching for something that should be part of Customer Support.

You're seeing this in all industries. You can't purchase software anymore.......you have to subscribe. The auto manufacturers are dreaming of the same thing with cars..........no ownership, just a similar subscription type of arrangement. Modern farm equipment has been stuffed with a ridiculous amount of electronics, that are mostly unnecessary, in order to make the owner a slave to the dealer. It's like a cancer.

farmersamm, As a Repair Tech. I am a right to repair supporter. I have even testified in support of right to repair in front of the Washington state senate 2 times sadly both bills were shelved. But, California passed SB244 Right to Repair last fall and it becomes effective July 2024 and Oregon most recently being signed in to law March 27th. Oregons bill coppied the CA bill and expanding it to include make manuals schematics tools etc for most anything with a Circuit Board dating back to July 2015 and a ban on Parts Pairing.​

We hope to start seeing manuals, schematics, and firmware soon. I believe it will kind of like automobiles and emissions manufactures will comply with the most restrictive state law to all states.

Last edited:
I picked up a Syncrowave 300 from HGR and, or course, it needed repair. I tracked that down to a bad obsolete opto-coupler on the mainboard which was completely unavailable (although looking now I see Radwell has half a dozen available). Anyway I reengineered a replacement using modern parts and it's been working great ever since.

If someone needs a 301t1-12b1 opto coupler and can't find one, drop me a note. I can send you the info I used.

RE: The pricey board for the Lincoln machine.............. Hell, compared to a new machine, it's reasonable.

Recently repaired a little HH190 for the princely sum of $168 for a new board from Miller. That's cheap. I'd tell most folks to just be glad it's available. Go price a new machine.

Same same with my 250GXT. My LWS tells me a new board is around 500 clams..........against marching out and buying a new GXT for $7000. Luckily don't need one.........it's a basic indestructible machine, much like the older LN25. Nothing ever goes wrong.

Seems to me that where people get hosed is when they go out and buy an engine drive with "chopper technology".................something not really needed. Then the internals wind up being as high as a kite. Same with all the inverter crap that's around.

Don't do TIG, so I can't speak to it. For me anyways........gimme a simple transformer machine that makes sparks, and I'm good to go. But, I'm an old bastard YMMV.
The thing is for pulsers, for the same price you can buy an entire off brand 200amp ac/dc inverter machine with pulse built in which has a much more complicated board than a the miller/Lincoln add on pulser.... Hence the price complaints. Especially for the miller board which is really simple.

The thing is for pulsers, for the same price you can buy an entire off brand 200amp ac/dc inverter machine with pulse built in which has a much more complicated board than a the miller/Lincoln add on pulser.... Hence the price complaints. Especially for the miller board which is really simple.
People like their 250DX welders I am seeing most are in School's (Collage) and Industrial / Production Environments.

Back