What's new
What's new

reset Brother servo battery alarms

wmpy

Hot Rolled
We have two Brothers in the shop. For whatever reason, both had battery alarms this morning at power up. The batteries were replaced, but we can't get the battery alarms to clear. Is there a special procedure to clear the alarms? I have the procedure to reset the home position but can't seem to get very far because the machine is still in alarm.

One machine is a TC-31A with A00 control. I have alarm 5066.17. The battery is for the tool magazine.

The other machine is a TC-S2C. Alarms are 0607.162, 0608.162, etc for all the servos.

Any help would be appreciated. Neither Yamazen nor the books have been helpful so far.

Thank you!

On the 31A I believe you need to go into ATC Maintenance Mode and Clear Start P Data. That will get rid of the alarm. Then you will need to get pot 1 of magazine to change position and clear start p data again to set pot 1 as pot 1. The S2C you need to reset Absolute encoders. Where are you located? What company? I will get you further assistance as needed. A note to all Brother users, if you haven't changed your AA batteries in the last year, do it now and do it every Jan 1st. With machine powered ON

Hi Frank. Thanks for the help. I don't know why, but we were getting hung up on the procedure to Clear Start P Data. We weren't sure if we were doing something wrong because the battery alarm wasn't clearing. We ran through the procedure again, and it worked. So, the TC-31A is back in business. We're going to go through the procedure for the TC-S2C now. Hopefully that works fine. It's a lot more axes to set than just the magazine.

Back