What's new
What's new

RFQ - small 6061 parts

friendlysantafe

Plastic
I would like to get a quote for 2 (identical) parts to be made from 6061 bar stock.
I am attaching a photo of the part ( unfortunately they don't sell separately) and a drawing.
Time needed about 4 weeks. Let me know if there is anyway to simplify to decrease cost.
These are for a bed. A link is attached to drawing & photos.

Is this just a one off to replace something lost or damaged? Of course there are many missing dimensions. First thing is to allow the slot to have a full radius in the bottom, that will save a lot. If this is what I think it is something cheap can go there to eliminate damage to the wood, that won't be seen.

Material alone will be $60* if someone needs to order it for 2 and a set-up part just in case.
Probably most issues could be cleared up over the phone. I all of a sudden have too much time on my hands, if you want to private message me with some contact info we can talk.
*The price of many raw materials has went crazy, well before the issue with Russia. That $60 would have been $25, 2 years ago.

I'd do the pair for about $500, provided I could get a proper print.
I think the "proper print" issue could be cleared up with a phone call, if my guesses are correct. Possibly the OP should list a target price. It looks like something to support a headboard on a bed frame? Could be the OP let the movers drink the free beer before they had everything packed.

Ok thanks. What details are lacking?
Let us say as your drawing is the part laying down on a desk. If you rotate it 90 degrees clockwise the pictures show the 1.5 diameter milled away on both the left and right side.
Since there is no backside view one cannot tell if the milled sides go deeper than the slot.
You need to at least take a picture of the other side and go from there. You really need 3 views instead of one.

Your drawing doesn't reflect what is in the photos.

Notice there are two sides to grip the wood and they are different heights.
Yep, he still needs another view, it looks like the short height side shown has the edges milled away with a radius blend out to 1.5" the unshown tall backside doesn't look like it has the edges milled away.

Thanks- received the bid and appreciate the help. Oh - yes as shown in the photos of the item - the 2 sides ( as shown in photos ) are of different height.

Back