What's new
What's new

Rotary table selection for 4th axis Fanuc drive ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
2008 Doosan MV3016 VMC is setup for 4th axis but missing the table. It had a Troyke model DL-15A (I know this from the Troyke manual in the VMC cabinet...and obviously the fourth drive and cabling). The question is, could I expect another rotary table with Fanuc servo to interface with the existing Fanuc control and drive ? Suspect plug types/sizes and wiring pinouts could be an issue. Thoughts ?

Last edited:
Look at your servo drive model number and then look in the Fanuc Servo Manual for likely Alpha or possibly Alpha i in your vintage motors. Each drive is listed for a certain set of Servo motors. They're not completely interchangeable.

I had this problem once. Bought a Tsudakoma table at auction and it had an old 10 Series Servo. Not going to work with my mid 90's 6079 Series Servo Drive. Had to buy an Alpha series Servo. Most the tables I want now all have Alpha i Servos, which won't work in my straight Alpha setup. I'm thinking you'll need something Alpha i. It's in the books.

I may get corrected on this but it is to the best of my knowledge.

Edit in: I'm thinking the correct series Servo Descriptions Manual could be your best bet for the correct information.

Last edited:
Yeah, I would not expect just any Fanuc motor to work. IDK how much the motors would vary, but you may need to swap in the right encoder possibly. You will need to go into the params and tell the control what motor you have then as well. I don't recall the ins and outs of that, but I did find the info in a manual that I found online. (Fanuc motor or amp manual)

The manual will tell you what motors will work with which amps, and how to set the params. It's not rocket science, and the info IS out there, but you may take some time to find the right resource and the info in it.

----------------------

Think Snow ERh!
Ox

Back