What's new
What's new

Rs232 bluetooth Fanuc recommendations

Macrezz

Plastic
Hello.
Can anyone recommend rs232 bluetooth adapters to send and receive form Fanuc machines?
Cheers.

Has this been asked a bucket of times? I did a search a found bits here and there, a lot of it is years old. Nothing up to date.

Would something like this work?

I have used rs232-bluetooth adapters. They did work. Until one day it dropped some code and destroyed a fancy titanium part that we were doing some surfacing on.

We do not use them anymore.

I don't know why, how, or if other brands are different, etc. But I will tell you that once confidence is shot, there's no going back.

If you want "wireless" at the machine, get a laptop for the machine, and mount it to the machine (there are adjustable arms for laptops that can mount wherever you want). That's my suggestion.

Hello.
Can anyone recommend rs232 bluetooth adapters to send and receive form Fanuc machines?
Cheers.
I haven't used BT adapters but I recommend a wifi to RS232 adapter from Shop Floor Automations or Predator if you absolutely feel you need wifi.

Personally I've used wired Ethernet to Serial adapters and I love them for older machines that don't have an RJ45 ethernet port. You can download, upload and drip feed if you want. With a 4GB on-board SD card there really isn't a need to drip feed and it's nice to have that much storage. Some small companies don't like wired but it's the most stability you can get, hands down.

I haven't used BT adapters but I recommend a wifi to RS232 adapter from Shop Floor Automations or Predator if you absolutely feel you need wifi.

Personally I've used wired Ethernet to Serial adapters and I love them for older machines that don't have an RJ45 ethernet port. You can download, upload and drip feed if you want. With a 4GB on-board SD card there really isn't a need to drip feed and it's nice to have that much storage. Some small companies don't like wired but it's the most stability you can get, hands down.
Thanks for that. Was looking for at least one piece of hardware designed for the job to think about.
We have a variety of machines of all ages but only four are used for multiple jobs. Haven't needed to dripfeed a program this centuryso that's not a worry.
Was hoping for something small and tidy that could take a battery pack. Bluetooth and 5v would be ideal.
Don't want to use pcmcia because it bypasses windows/cnc software features I use a lot.

The LAN-CNC hardware I used had a small board mounted inside the machine that was about 4" x 3". Externally there is a small box, about the same size and approximately an inch thick that has a small display and a few buttons. This can be mounted anywhere and I typically put them on the side of the control, on top or on the face if there was room. These are very tidy indeed and have no batteries to worry about; if your machine has power then so does the LAN-CNC unit. We had gigabit running everywhere so I purchased the wired models that has a RJ-45 port but there are wireless models for sure.

No batteries to forget about and go dead with these units. I hard wired some of them inside the machines while some I used the supplied 120v AC adapter plug. Have to be careful with hard wiring in the machine because some circuits are very sensitive and can throw alarms when tapped into so most of the installs used the adapter plug.

I would not trust bluetooth for this but I used some wireless ethernet bridges from d-link that worked very well. Small, too and easy to tap 12v off somewhere in the control so no crappy wallwart. Used them quite a bit with pretty large surfacing programs on two OKK's (mitsubishi controls).

Will admit to being a bit nervous about it at first but ended up working real well.

Back