What's new
What's new

Rubometric threading head

MC Parts Kid

Aluminum
Guys, got a question that is baffling me to no end. We live on Geometric and Rubometric threading die heads here. I got my hands on a Rubometric 1-1/2”. All the smaller ones we have, we just weld a m4 adaptor to the tail to mount it in the tail stock of the lathe. My question here is what did this go on orignaly. I mean this thing has a 2” round tail on it. No flat or key. Anyone shed some light on what this thing bolted up to. Thanks in advance. Bob L

Attachments

• DSC02329.JPG
    DSC02329.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 11
With a shank that large, probably a turret lathe like a Warner&Swasey or Herbert, possibly a multi-spindle automatic. The 2" shank would clamp into a turret tool holder with no problem. Same sort of tool holder with a cylindrical bore used to hold anything that didn't bolt directly to the face of the turret. Yes, they came with different bore sides to suit different shanks.
Smaller ones with 5/8", 3/4" or 1" shanks mount directly in the turrets of Brown&Sharpe #00, #0 and #2 screw machines (and compatible machines).
I got rid of a threading head with a 1.5" shank that was just too large for anything I expected to buy/run.

Back