What's new
What's new

Rules and suggestions, READ BEFORE POSTING

Can someone please advise?

Simple enough. As with any other vendor. Show us you mean what you claim:
We are a large bearing supplier. Specializing in hard to find bearings (including obsolete manufacturers), precision spindle bearings, much more.

Apply YOUR effort to take note of the bearings the PM community most often seeks. We usually post the original bearing maker and codes, if not also alternates.

DEMONSTRATE that you actually HAVE those and at prices that earn a sale?

PM members who benefit are not shy about posting "I got mine" and from whence.

Otherwise the trees are full of squirrels, bearing vendors hardly scarce, and no easier to tell, one from another than squirrels be.

Is there a proper place to post materials for sale?
I have a small stack of 316l stainless.
Is there a proper place to list that for sale?

Thanks
Dave

help me please edit my post ? i would like to up date the photos it is on the south bend g-26 -t steady rest post . thanks , chris.

Is it ok to try and track down more information on an old part in here?

For example, I have a motor has a casing that is quite corroded. It has previously frozen and needed some light tweaking to get running. Some of the model number has been destroyed by the corrosion, but I think I have a correct part number. At the very least, I have the type, brand, and most of the model number. I am having trouble locating more information on what the specs are so I can find a suitable replacement. Is it valid to post an "in search of" thread in that case? If not, where would that be appropriate?

Metfab,

I was told by a friend of mine to come here to help with selling some machine tool repair tools. My dad and I used to do machine tool rebuilding but have not done so for almost 25 years and my dad passed away 12 years ago and I would like to sell them. I don't know how much I would be able to help anymore since I have been out of that field for almost 25 years. I have straight edges, scraped parallels, precision level and precision level square, spanner wrenches, and surface plates which are the smaller ones one is granite and the other two are cast iron, also some shim stock and other misc. I also have a Delta wood planer which I no longer use because I don't have time to do that kind of work anymore. I a open for suggestions. Contact me at :[email protected]

Thank you,
Michael

Where can I list material for sale? I have several very expensive sheets of Ultem 1000 plastic material that I would like to offer at a reasonable price...

Hello I’m new to your site anyway I was cleaning out one of my barns and I ran a crossed a piece of tubing will come to find out it’s a piece of World War II German howitzer barrel and what my father-in-law was going to do with it was make a black powder cannon I would appreciate any help in the posting an ad I don’t even know where to go OK thank you

Hi,
Some guidance please.
We are a large bearing supplier. Specializing in hard to find bearings (including obsolete manufacturers), precision spindle bearings, much more.
We would like to make our inventory (and pricing) available to members, but I don't have a lot to offer the community in terms of machines and technical tooling support, other than bearings.
How can we be a part of the community without violating your #5 requirement?
Thank you.

FYI- here is our website to see what we do: Home - Discount BearingsDiscount Bearings It only has about 20% of our entire inventory listed at this time.
If it were I, it'd be offers of PDF's diagnosing bearing failures, how-to proper bearing handling procedures storage-removal-install-initial lube-testing. There'd be indexes of cross references, how to read bearing designations, advantages of all the various seal types, present why certain bearings are fitted as they are, choosing ideal lubricants, how to correct thrust problems,.........
But then, I don't sell bearings......
Meanwhile, what's-their-handle is readying pot shots for me answering an old thread. It's still the internet.

One Question, Is it allowed to post multiply items (Equipment) in one sale posting, or better every equipment separate?

Thank you

One Question, Is it allowed to post multiply items (Equipment) in one sale posting, or better every equipment separate?

Thank you

Post multiple things in one thread. A maximum of two new threads is allowed per day, as I recall. Posting too many threads at once in rapid succession will likely irritate others, as their items will get pushed off the front page quickly and may not get attention.

If it were I, it'd be offers of PDF's diagnosing bearing failures, how-to proper bearing handling procedures storage-removal-install-initial lube-testing. There'd be indexes of cross references, how to read bearing designations, advantages of all the various seal types, present why certain bearings are fitted as they are, choosing ideal lubricants, how to correct thrust problems,.........
But then, I don't sell bearings......
Meanwhile, what's-their-handle is readying pot shots for me answering an old thread. It's still the internet.
Just pay for a banner ad.

Mar 6, 2011

"I am putting together a summary of expected behavior.

Please read this entire post before posting an ad. Particularly if you are now to the site."

Did you mean "new"?

Does this count as participation? Just asking for a friend. Ha-ha.

-Tim

Back