What's new
What's new

Sandvik buys Gibbscam

One to worry about is KUKA robotics, the US cleared the way for them in 18, now Kuka is acquiring (including thier patents)Thomson friction welding in the U.K., however sandvick aqqired OSK in China, so the empires tentacles are reaching far and wide, OSK still is required to have party control, right into the heart of sandvick, we were going to use KUKA inside TATA till we discovered networking these things provided certain “portals” easily controlled externally
We ended up using (at protest from A suppler ABB robots and mitsibushi kit
As I was told about them, “ you don’t want to let them inside your head”
Saying that look what happened to our health secretary in the U.K., the hive type security camera in the offices of members of parliament were all off, they are only for use when the place is not in session, yet a nice film of the secretary sucking face and putting squeeze on a lady’s ass is all over causing his resignation, he was getting critical of a certain “lab”, same cameras have been found in our weapons departments (nukes), nuclear power plants, and many other sensitive places, thier made in the people’s republic, I’ve a feeling companies should be careful about the kit they confide in myself
Mark

All they have to do is ditch the stupid wireless crap and put Wireshark (or whatever they call it now) on the link. Boom, total tracking of every packet in or out.

But I guess that's too difficult for our highly-paid IT staff to figure out.

Yeah I was thinking that myself.

If it's really important FFS put a filter in place blocking outbound connections. And make sure the software is open source so all the code can be inspected.

It's not rocket science, I've outbound port blocking software installed on my laptop.

PDW

It has come to my attention that Sandvik, after buying Vericut, has now purchased the company that owns Gibbscam.

"Cambrio’s product portfolio includes GibbsCAM for production milling, turning, and mill turn operations, Cimatron for mold and die, as well as SigmaNEST for sheet metal fabrication. "

Sandvik to acquire leading CAM software company Cambrio — Sandvik Group

Thanks for the heads' up on that. I guess that makes sense as Sandvik is invested and develops for mill-turn / B-axis mill turn machines.

Soooo Hexagon bought Esprit (mill turn relevant) and Autodesk bought Camplete.

I wonder if SolidCam will still hold out.

Back