What's new
What's new

sandvik metal scraper

The 20mm is the width of the blade and H10 is the grade of the carbide. In this case, it's C-2 grade carbide for scraping cast iron.

This is the insert used in the Sandvik hand scraper and holders for the Biax scraper for those that like to use it on the power scraper.

Short answer is use a diamond grinding wheel with a flat face.

I most like my Glendo Accu- Finish Series I grinder. I also have a Baldor carbide grinder and a Leonard Grinder-Lap. These are all expensive industrial quality metalworking tools, but you might find a deal on a used one.

Cheapest way I know is a Chinese 6" thin steel disc with electro plated diamond in many grit sizes, sold on eBay for $13.50 with free shipping from KY.

These disks fit the Work Sharp 3000 grinder, which is comparatively inexpensive and is also very nice for sharpening woodworking tools.

Or you can build your own grinder.

Larry

Negative and depends on what and how you want to scrape. But those are big tools for big open areas, not for little dovetails and tight places.

Larry

Wonderful tools. The diamond grit needs to be capable of mirror finishes on the scraper blade. Else wise you are making versions of a plowed field

Back