What's new
What's new

Scans, Manuals, Books, Links, Images

I'm new to the site so be gentle if my questions seem stupid!

I just bought a Weiler LZ-330 lathe that needs some restoration and a manual would be most helpful. I've seen several post that would suggest that some of the members may have one. I would very much appreciate any info.

Additionally I'm restoring a 1940's model Wysong & Miles edge sander that I have found absolutely noting on.

Thanks,

Jim

Schedule C, Metals and Manufactures of Metals: Hearings and Statements.

This is a government book, from 1912, on companies that make things out of metal.

Schedule C: Metals and manufactures of metals. Hearings and ... - Full View | HathiTrust Digital Library | HathiTrust Digital Library

Starting on page 1105 is a list of machine tool makers listed by state.

Schedule C: Metals and manufactures of metals. Hearings and ... - Full View | HathiTrust Digital Library | HathiTrust Digital Library

Rob

Joshua Rose's Modern Machine Shop Practice 1887 which is a bit difficult to tease out of the website at University of Michigan.

404 Not Found
and 404 Not Found

Note that this book appeared in three different hard copy versions of which this is the first. Hard copies typically go for $100 to $400 depending on the condition. Some rough copies of part 1 or part 2 alone go for $20 on Ebay.

Rose also sold "folios" (Chapters) of MMSP apparently as an adjunct to his self education "tutoring" sideline.

On purchase of parts to achieve a matched set, BE SURE to verify the start/finish of the part chapters before purchase. With so many variations of the two volume set published, Rose would bind together individual "quartos" together as parts simply to make a complete set: it's possible to inadvertently purchase a part one with the last chapter the same as the first chapter in part 2.

Note: these are the books which captivated me to antique machine tools as a 14 year old.

Joe in NH

*** Broken Link *** i got a 404 error for both links today

The Mechanical Index 1904

The Mechanical Index, 1904.
A complete index to the names and addresses of all manufacturers in the United States
of mechanical appliances, machinery and tools operated by steam, electricity, water, hand or foot power.

The mechanical index, 1904. A complete index to the names and ... - Full View | HathiTrust Digital Library | HathiTrust Digital Library

Alphabetical Index of Machine Tool makers.

The mechanical index, 1904. A complete index to the names and ... - Full View | HathiTrust Digital Library | HathiTrust Digital Library

Maker of machine tools by type.

Rob

Oliver Snow & Co. catalog from 1851

Here is a partial catalog, from 1851, of some of the machine tools Oliver Snow made.
Printed in the back of this book. Starting on page 100.

Description of Farnam's patent hydraulic apparatus, for raising ... - Full View | HathiTrust Digital Library

Oliver Snow was born in 1808. He started his company in 1839.
He died at the age of 59 in 1867.
His company went through quite a few name changes.

Oliver Snow & H.S. Snow (his brother).

Snow, Hotchkiss & Co.

Oliver Snow & Co.

Meriden Machine Co.

Snow, Brooks & Co.

Parkers, Snow, Brooks & Co.

Parkers, Snow & Co.

Meriden Manufacturing Co.

Rob

I was hoping to find a old drawings thread. I guess here is ok, photo should enlarge.
1907 steam bloom stripping crane at Pennsylvania Steel Co., Steelton PA.

Back