What's new
What's new

Searching for South Bend lathe model/serial number info

lindsey792

Plastic
I'm eyeing an old South Bend lathe with the catalog number CL8187RB 10" x 54" with a stamp near the tail stock that reads 22425R.

When I poke around on the South Bend website I'm not finding anything there that helps me identify this machine specifically. I'd like to know the model and capabilities as well as the year made but I'm coming up with nothing.

Can anybody point me in the right direction here?

Attachments

• large-used (1).jpg
    large-used (1).jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 32
  • large-used.jpg
    large-used.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 31
It’s a tool-room Heavy 10 lathe. 22425R serial number is on this list as a 1983 model.
10” swing and about 30” between centers. Should have a 2 1/4” threaded spindle and be fitted with a taper attachment.
Nice late model Heavy 10 if it’s still in good condition.

Hope this helps.

I'm eyeing an old South Bend lathe with the catalog number CL8187RB 10" x 54" with a stamp near the tail stock that reads 22425R.

When I poke around on the South Bend website I'm not finding anything there that helps me identify this machine specifically. I'd like to know the model and capabilities as well as the year made but I'm coming up with nothing.

Can anybody point me in the right direction here?

BDRetz has identified it for you, a "tool room" model no less! That paint (from what little can be seen) looks pretty darn good. Is this a refurb or just a very well taken care of example? I'm always interested in seeing pics of the SB Heavy 10 lathes, can you post a few and give us a few more details about the lathe? Just on account of because....

Back