What's new
What's new

Selling a lathe is my price fair?

???

Titanium
Selling a lathe to a fellow shooter and would appreciate some feedback on my price.

Make-Pacific made in Taiwan (What the Chinese refer to as a bench top lathe that comes with a 2 piece metal cabinet)

Year-1986
900 mm between centers
300 mm swing
Gap bed
450 mm swing with gap removed
12 speeds
Clutch on Z feed
Quick change gear box
Metric and Imperial threading
All the threading gears are there in the original toolbox with all the tools
Threading dial with change gears
3 Phase
Coolant pump and tray
Zero wear on ways
Turns to within .002 mm of parallel over 150 mm without a center on a decent sized bar.
Condition of paint is as would be as expected with the paint as used on Taiwanese paint of it's vintage, staining but no rust or bubbling.
Comes with the following accessories
3 jaw-run out of less than .01 mm and jaws grip a ground bar fully as in they are not bent at all
Internal and external jaws
4 jaw chuck
Face plates
Fixed steady
Moving steady
Tail stock obviously :D
13 Swisse multi toolholders and tool post (Clone but has been tested to be within a few microns of repeatability)
Original tool post is also in the cabinet
Manuals
Just replaced all the lube points
No tooling included

I'm asking $3500 Australian which is about $2300 USD which I think is more than fair. What do you guys/gals think?

I admit it's a great big list of what's included, but what about the old adage of
"a picture is worth a thousand words?"

Better yet... a few pictures.

I admit it's a great big list of what's included, but what about the old adage of
"a picture is worth a thousand words?"

Better yet... a few pictures.

I'd agree with this, but he did say "zero wear on ways" in one of those lines of the description. But like the Realtors with their location, I'm generally about "condition, condition, condition" when it comes to value.

No pictures because I'm not actually trying to sell it on here, just wanted to see what others thought. If he doesn't want it its probably going in a storage rack.

Selling a lathe to a fellow shooter and would appreciate some feedback on my price.

Make-Pacific made in Taiwan (What the Chinese refer to as a bench top lathe that comes with a 2 piece metal cabinet)

Year-1986
900 mm between centers
300 mm swing
Gap bed
450 mm swing with gap removed
12 speeds
Clutch on Z feed
Quick change gear box
Metric and Imperial threading
All the threading gears are there in the original toolbox with all the tools
Threading dial with change gears
3 Phase
Coolant pump and tray
Zero wear on ways
Turns to within .002 mm of parallel over 150 mm without a center on a decent sized bar.
Condition of paint is as would be as expected with the paint as used on Taiwanese paint of it's vintage, staining but no rust or bubbling.
Comes with the following accessories
3 jaw-run out of less than .01 mm and jaws grip a ground bar fully as in they are not bent at all
Internal and external jaws
4 jaw chuck
Face plates
Fixed steady
Moving steady
Tail stock obviously :D
13 Swisse multi toolholders and tool post (Clone but has been tested to be within a few microns of repeatability)
Original tool post is also in the cabinet
Manuals
Just replaced all the lube points
No tooling included

I'm asking $3500 Australian which is about $2300 USD which I think is more than fair. What do you guys/gals think?

Cheap.

PDW

Reactions: ???
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll let you know whether I still own 3 lathes or 2 after Wednesday.

Back