What's new
What's new

Selling My Entire Metal Shop: CNC, Milling, Turning, Sheetmetal, etc.

The Fadal records I have. Sorry about not having come up with the prices yet. We are finishing attorney review on the house and packing, selling stuff and cars, and it is very hectic. I certainly intend to do all of the machines a worthwhile deal. There is also a logistics problem which is to take them out of my basement and into the driveway or garage. That is a job for an all terrain forklift with 9-foot forks and dry grass/soil. If someone is a rigger that will be worth a handsome credit towards the machines. Say a 4,000 credit for moving all of it from the basement to the garage.

Below the pics of the Fadal service records I have.

IMG_4837.jpeg

IMG_4840.jpeg

IMG_4839.jpeg

IMG_4838.jpeg

Good pictures.

I'd suggest putting up some pictures of how the machines need to get to an area where they can be loaded. Or if you're just way overthinking this and anyone could just drive to the door the machines went in with a drop deck trailer or rollback and winch them on.

If it really is a tricky rigging deal with no fullsize garage door access to the basement and a telehandler with long forks is the only way to get them out then you may have a really tough time getting much for these machines.

So take some more of those good pictures of the route the machines must travel and let the buyer decide what it's going to take.

All machines with the exception of the Fadal I brought in (or I could have brought them in) with a heavy duty trailer, and a 4x4 Yukon in Lo-4 mode. So if the soil is dry that could work. Though the Yukon is in TX already.

The Fadal is more of an issue because the base is very narrow and the machine very wide, so even if the trailer had no side walls it would be very dicey. It really needs to be a 4WD all terrain forklift with the machine tied to the mast.

I’ll add the pic if the terrain shortly.

EDIT: the pics. It is a probably 9-10ft climb, coming out of the 3 window section which is removable.

IMG_4846.jpeg

IMG_4847.jpeg

Last edited:
The Fadal is more of an issue because the base is very narrow and the machine very wide, so even if the trailer had no side walls it would be very dicey. It really needs to be a 4WD all terrain forklift with the machine tied to the mast.
It might help to lift the Fadal and screw it down to some big wooden or even steel box beams, through the leveling foot holes. I've had this discussion with a couple of people moving machines into buildings with dirt, gravel and other terrain challenges. Outriggers seem to be the safest way to ensure it isn't going to tip over.

It might help to lift the Fadal and screw it down to some big wooden or even steel box beams, through the leveling foot holes. I've had this discussion with a couple of people moving machines into buildings with dirt, gravel and other terrain challenges. Outriggers seem to be the safest way to ensure it isn't going to tip over.

That sounds right. I uploaded the terrain pics above.

I am interested in the Turn Pro bandsaw. Please let me know your price & if any bandsaw blades come with it. I have a Toyota Tacoma 4 x 4 pickup, so could get in close over the lawn. Is your shop in a 'daylight basement' (i.e., doors opening onto the lawn) ? Loading the saw onto the pickup is another matter. I do not have anyone to ride down to NJ with me and help load. I am thinking it's a matter of taking the saw partially apart (which has to happen at my end to get it down into my basement shop). Or, if I can get the saw out of your shop and onto the grass, I could comealong it up planks onto the bed of my Tacoma. Please let me know what the load-out situation is as well as price.

Thanks-
Joe Michaels

Yeah you’re not going to get any meaningful responses without photos and pricing. Most everyone here is either a visual learner or eats crayons, or both.
Come on now. Some of us can color inside the lines. A few can count farther than they have fingers.
The kit looks like it's in nice shape. Wish I had room for that horizontal.

Last edited:
I'm trying to do attractive prices. If it is too cheap let me know, don't just buy it and tell me when you come pick it up... LOL. I've been out of the market for many years, so I'm doing a lot of guessing here.

Fadal $8000 (you will need replace what is most likely the piston plate, otherwise all looks good). $6500 if you can get it out of the basement yourself! But if you buy it, you must take it away, even if you drop it and it rolls downhill... LOL

Cincinati Horizontal $3000 (all movements look good)

Cincinnati Vertical $2200 (there is something wrong with it. It may be a belt or something else. Last time I used it, a couple of years ago, everything worked fine. I turned it on a few minutes ago and the spindle is tentative and there is no table rapid feed or auto feed. So it could be a simple fix or not. I do not have a way of checking at this point)

Cincinati Shaper $1500 (all movements look good).

You probably know, but if not, you should familiarize yourself with the size and weight of these machines. I'll research other prices and post shortly... we'll need to synch up the pick-ups so that the ground is dry and minimize the trips up and down the lawn.

$4000 credit towards the machines of your choice if you take all machines off the basement and place whatever you are not buying in the garage. Must be done by 4/26 and you must let me know, like... now, cuz otherwise I need to rent the all-terrain forklift and do it myself.

I am interested in the Turn Pro bandsaw. Please let me know your price & if any bandsaw blades come with it. I have a Toyota Tacoma 4 x 4 pickup, so could get in close over the lawn. Is your shop in a 'daylight basement' (i.e., doors opening onto the lawn) ? Loading the saw onto the pickup is another matter. I do not have anyone to ride down to NJ with me and help load. I am thinking it's a matter of taking the saw partially apart (which has to happen at my end to get it down into my basement shop). Or, if I can get the saw out of your shop and onto the grass, I could comealong it up planks onto the bed of my Tacoma. Please let me know what the load-out situation is as well as price.

Thanks-
Joe Michaels
It is not that heavy. I would rent a UHaul trailer with a ramp and slide it in. Will look prices and let you know.

More Prices:

Kent Grinder $3500 (all movements look good) includes all wheels in the pics

Turn Pro $480 (great shape) Clean up and it will look almost new. Super low hours.

Grizzly Lathe $5500 (super smooth) Pretty much the same as new other than dirt and light scuffs from turning. Lots and lots of accessories. See pics. I used it with inserts, never bothered with HSS unless there was a special shape. Super low hours. Pristine ways.

Will add more prices later. Thanks!

Back