What's new
What's new

Selling My Entire Metal Shop: CNC, Milling, Turning, Sheetmetal, etc.

Phase:

Thank you for posting the price on the Turn Pro saw. I will buy it from you. I will be getting down to NJ in mid June for a CT scan at Memorial Sloan Kettering, in Middletown (Monmouth County), NJ. Can you hold the saw until then ? If not, I will make a run that much sooner. I will pay you in cash.

Best regards-
Joe Michaels

Phase:

Thank you for posting the price on the Turn Pro saw. I will buy it from you. I will be getting down to NJ in mid June for a CT scan at Memorial Sloan Kettering, in Middletown (Monmouth County), NJ. Can you hold the saw until then ? If not, I will make a run that much sooner. I will pay you in cash.

Best regards-
Joe Michaels
Hi Joe, That is great!! I'm going back to TX, hopefully next week. An estate agent is coming on Monday to possibly sell stuff. I do not know how that works, but I'm pretty sure we can carve out stuff. We close in 30-45 days. My suggestion would be to come over the next 7 days just to make sure all goes well. We can probably bring up the lawn between the two of us and just load it on the trailer. I'm in Kinnelon, NJ. Will DM you with phone and address. Pls confirm the pickup date as soon as you can figure it out. Thanks!!

The Fadal is getting an inspection and the piston plate replaced (if that is what it is) on Monday. Mike Tremain from Axis Machine Tool in NJ is doing the job!

The Fadal is getting an inspection and the piston plate replaced (if that is what it is) on Monday. Mike Tremain from Axis Machine Tool in NJ is doing the job!

If I were in your shoes I would not put a dime into that machine. Old used CNC's are really cheap these days.

If I were in your shoes I would not put a dime into that machine. Old used CNC's are really cheap these days.
Yes. Someone just told me what kinda deals they are getting. Really surprising. What is your suggestion to move it out of the house?

Yes. Someone just told me what kinda deals they are getting. Really surprising. What is your suggestion to move it out of the house?

IMO, it would sell within a week for $1500. If you want to get $5k or more for it you'll need to get it running perfectly and under power and even then rigging might put a real dent in what you can get out of that machine.

If that Fadal will fit under an 84" door that would be a great thing to emphasize in your ads for it.

IMO, it would sell within a week for $1500. If you want to get $5k or more for it you'll need to get it running perfectly and under power and even then rigging might put a real dent in what you can get out of that machine.

If that Fadal will fit under an 84" door that would be a great thing to emphasize in your ads for it.
Yes it goes in under a normal garage door. I had it in my garage till we managed to move it into the basement. I think it was just a matter of lowering the head and unscrewing the motor.

I’ll sleep over both options. Thanks!!

Quick update. I'm renting a Telehandler to move the machines out of the basement. I'm renting it for a week. So, if there is anything you want, my suggestion is for you to come on the weekend of the 27-28 and perhaps into Tuesday the 30th. In those days I can help you load your trailer or flatbed with the help of the telehandler.

If its not too much money just have him come and do a write up of what he finds wrong with the machine, that might help set buyers at ease that it is not a basket case. Pay to repair it only if you can afford to loose that money if machine has to go to scrap due to time constraints. I think a basic inspection report would be a good "investment" though.

If its not too much money just have him come and do a write up of what he finds wrong with the machine, that might help set buyers at ease that it is not a basket case. Pay to repair it only if you can afford to loose that money if machine has to go to scrap due to time constraints. I think a basic inspection report would be a good "investment" though.

Seemed like around 5-10 years ago Fadals were selling for crazy money for what they are. The last few Fadal sales I've seen make me think that market has cooled off considerably. And why I would be hesitant to put any money in it.

I hope the OP finds a Fadal nut that just won the lottery, but just in case he doesn't....

I replied to the PM with my contact info. Apologies For the delay in replying, but I’ve been packing, and there is a lot to pack!

As said, everything will be out of the basement and into the garage by this weekend. If you want help loading take advantage of it this weekend while I have the telehandler here.

The Fadal turned out to have a sensor issue. We would need to swap a board out to check/fix and the tech did not have one with him. So it is being sold as is. Make an offer if you are interested. The spindle has less than 100 hours on it and you seen the service record, which was posted above.

Thanks!

Are you aware of @john.obrien who is currently trying to set up a maker space about 250 miles away?

Are you aware of @john.obrien who is currently trying to set up a maker space about 250 miles away?

Thanks! Sent him a PM.

BTW also have a large granite plate 24x36 with stand $300 in perfect shape

IMG_4916.jpeg

This weekend, Apr 27-28, will probably be the last day the large machines will be available.

After that the small machines will go to a local guy who will be in charge of selling them.

The large ones will be gone as I'm leaving for TX around the 30th or perhaps a day later. Obviously I can not risk someone not showing up to pick up a 5000 lbs machine. So, this weekend is really the last chance.

Thanks!!

Someone needs to step up on these two fabulous Cincinnati mills. They look to be in superb condition - a very rare find !
I'm going to give the shaper a home, and look forward to it mesmerizing me as it gets it done !
Bob

Both for 2K. PM/Call for details. Come today or tomorrow to see them under power. Needs to be picked up by this weekend. After that I’m afraid it is curtains for both. Thanks!

Back