What's new
What's new

Shipping cost to the UK

Adrian, where about in Kent are you? I know Steve Mooney in Burgess-Hill has an Ajax grinder for sale at the moment and there may be a Jones and Shipman in stock as well.
Thanks for the info, I had a look at the Ajax and it's way too big for me, nice machine though.
I live near Brands Hatch, so Burgess Hill is not too far, may drop in sometime for a rummage.

Adrian.

And where are you located then ???
You can ad it in your account details

Peter
I didn't notice it doesn't show under my name, and I remember the old forum software showing it, looked at the account details and Country was filled, but Location was empty, fixed it now, though it still doesn't change the fact that buying anything big on ebay is basically not an option :D

RC-Machines in Luxembourg has a number of those 16mm collets.
Also used with the very old Deckel High Speed head.
they don't have full set, nor the 6mm and 10mm that I could really use, they offer some that I have basically no use for at all
same story with Franz Singer assortment, same with ebay

what I did is order a er20 holder with a straight shank, plan is to adapt that to the original housing without any machining done to the original Deckel parts, so I can revert if I happen to find a set of original collets, but this is quite low on the to do list...

Last edited:
I did the same. I was given a 25mm shank (tube) ending in a ER25 collet chuck.
I already had a good ER 25 collet set, so I needed to buy only one 25mm 5C collet.
Of course a full 5C collet set would be nice, but foolish at this point in time.

Maybe a side question, but does someone has technical drawings of the Deckel 16 mm collets? ...

Maybe a side question, but does someone has technical drawings of the Deckel 16 mm collets? ...
https://www.ebay.de/itm/142784947086 the drawing there is very similar to the collect that came with my S1, note the LH thread

the collet that I have has these differences:
the thread is right handed 60 degree M16x1.2, not LH as in the 328E drawing
large diameter = 23mm
overall length = 111mm
thread length = ~21mm
key slot width = 2.5mm
key slot length (at full depth) = 40mm, depth from the 16mm diameter ~1.7mm
inside diameter 10.8mm (length 83mm), there is no thread for depth stop
cone angle seems to be 20 degrees
the 16mm shank runs right up the cone, it has no relief like in the ebay 328E drawing
I'm attaching a STEP file with the model of my collet (the face of the collet is spherical which I didn't model), forum software doesn't allow .step attachments, so I zipped it using 7zip, no password

there are also these 330E, shorter than the original and the 328E, would probably be quite easy to adapt the stichel attachment to accept these, but may not work for the high speed heads, depends on where the rear bearing is and what the draw bar looks like (I've never seen those)

Attachments

• deckel_m16x1_2mm_collet.zip
    31.1 KB · Views: 0

Back