What's new
What's new

Short/Long term future of manual/repair shops?

If every TRUMP CULT MEMBER here would admit that their cult god is a pathological liar that would be a good start.

You see, I'm a machinist. If someone told me that we need to take .5 inches off plus .2 inches off and then told me to take off 1.2 inches I'd say, isn't .5 + .2 equal to .7? If they told me no, it is really 1.2 I'd be debating it until the cows came home or until they admitted that they made a math mistake and it really is .7.

But no TRUMP CULT MEMBER ever seems to own up to being lied to and swallowing it whole. They will dance around and try to make excuses but they NEVER admit that their cult got is a blatant pathological liar because they are being told what they want to hear. I'm also pretty sure that racism is a big factor and they hate the same people that trump hates which includes everyone that is darker skinned that trump and anyone that isn't a christian. That pretty much leaves out the majority of our citizens and the extreme vast majority of the world population.

I hope this helps you feeble minded TRUMP CULT MEMBERS understand where I'm coming from.

A machinist? An auto worker, a land lord I thought you said you were a Die Maker, don't you know the difference? I cant keep up with your lies

A machinist? An auto worker, a land lord I thought you said you were a Die Maker, don't you know the difference? I cant keep up with your lies

My official certificate from the USDOL says toolmaker but I kind of identify with machinist. Most of what I did in my career was build things and that usually required machining.

How about you? Just a paid troll? Make sure to get paid in advance if you are on trumps payroll.

I'm a retired Die-maker of 37 years in the great state of PA, and since you have a rep for cowardly doxing people, that is all you'll get, like every Tool & Die maker I have ever met, I don't consider myself a machinist, I am a die-maker that did machining, building, maintenance, welding and trouble-shooting. You are the first die-maker (allegedly) that I've met that calls himself a machinist. Seems like you call yourself something new everyday actually, auto worker, landlord, Shop owner, wonder what tomorrow will bring.

I'm a retired Die-maker of 37 years in the great state of PA, and since you have a rep for cowardly doxing people, that is all you'll get, like every Tool & Die maker I have ever met, I don't consider myself a machinist, I am a die-maker that did machining, building, maintenance, welding and trouble-shooting. You are the first die-maker (allegedly) that I've met that calls himself a machinist. Seems like you call yourself something new everyday actually, auto worker, landlord, Shop owner, wonder what tomorrow will bring.

I trained as a toolmaker but about half way through my career we crosstrained toolmakers and diemakers to be tool and diemakers. This was just the way it was done in our plant and wasn't part of the USDOL training. MOst of the work that I did was building specialty machines that were highly automated. I also serviced those machines. Later in my career I did a lot of high precision grinding to get off of my feet a little more. A couple of decades of pounding pavement wasn't nice to my drivetrain. I spent about 30 years in the trade and retired but bought some machines with the intention of just having a hobby shop but when the word got out there was a demand for my services so I started my own shop. As I posted recently, my shop is pretty much shut down to commercial work although I still have my LLC in case I decide to do some more commercial work.

You on the other hand are just another TRUMP CULT MEMBER that has been here since July of this year and think you know more than the rest of us combined. Just like your cult god trump. Have a nice day.

A Dallas Cowboy fan? Bet that would get you really started.

If every TRUMP CULT MEMBER here would admit that their cult god is a pathological liar that would be a good start.

You see, I'm a machinist. If someone told me that we need to take .5 inches off plus .2 inches off and then told me to take off 1.2 inches I'd say, isn't .5 + .2 equal to .7? If they told me no, it is really 1.2 I'd be debating it until the cows came home or until they admitted that they made a math mistake and it really is .7.

But no TRUMP CULT MEMBER ever seems to own up to being lied to and swallowing it whole. They will dance around and try to make excuses but they NEVER admit that their cult got is a blatant pathological liar because they are being told what they want to hear. I'm also pretty sure that racism is a big factor and they hate the same people that trump hates which includes everyone that is darker skinned that trump and anyone that isn't a christian. That pretty much leaves out the majority of our citizens and the extreme vast majority of the world population.

I hope this helps you feeble minded TRUMP CULT MEMBERS understand where I'm coming from.
Please tell us what politician of any party doesn't say things that are not true, or run on a pledge that they never accomplish. I could make your argument about Biden, Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc., as they all said things that did not come to pass. That's why your example is foolishness caused by TDS.

I trained as a toolmaker but about half way through my career we crosstrained toolmakers and diemakers to be tool and diemakers. This was just the way it was done in our plant and wasn't part of the USDOL training. MOst of the work that I did was building specialty machines that were highly automated. I also serviced those machines. Later in my career I did a lot of high precision grinding to get off of my feet a little more. A couple of decades of pounding pavement wasn't nice to my drivetrain. I spent about 30 years in the trade and retired but bought some machines with the intention of just having a hobby shop but when the word got out there was a demand for my services so I started my own shop. As I posted recently, my shop is pretty much shut down to commercial work although I still have my LLC in case I decide to do some more commercial work.

You on the other hand are just another TRUMP CULT MEMBER that has been here since July of this year and think you know more than the rest of us combined. Just like your cult god trump. Have a nice day.

So just yesterday it was a Diemaker for 40 years, today it is 30 years, like I said, wonder what tomorrow will bring from your non credible ass

I don't think I would have done that. I likely would have charged a premium, but not that much. The nature of repair work is that it may involve off-hour time. And, being in that line of work IMO it shouldn't be considered an opportunity to rip customers off.

It's a small world out there. Even in large cities the word eventually gets around. My shop was pretty much under the radar, even adjacent businesses barely knew what we did, no advertising. After the first few years all my customers came by word of mouth.

Guy picked up the shaft at 9 at night and he counted out hundred dollar bills on the hood of his truck and he threw in two extras above and beyond what I asked for. I do not believe he was dissatisfied with the price whatsoever.

I think my original point of this thread was about how the nature of repair work has changed recently and whether or not this is a short term or a longer term change.

The money I make doing repair work pays for groceries or goes in a coffee can to feed my craigslist addiction.

I have no interest whatsoever in fucking a customer over on price. I have a very strong interest in maintaining a lower stress level and fostering good working relationships with local individuals and businesses.

If My CNC product workload suddenly explodes I have no qualms about dragging the manual machines outside to rot to make room for an HMC and a couple Brothers.

Were you there? you act like you were. Zero charges of insurrection, nobody tried to overthrow anything, they were forced to show the vid of Police just letting people walk in, none of them even tried to tell them they were trespassing, they all stayed in the ropes, saw that vid too, they acted better than most high school field trip participants.
It must gall you to no end that you are wrong, but that is okay, I am enjoying the show, I wouldn't doubt it if it were the FBI themselves that broke those windows

You might want to watch this to refresh your memory. Some of it is a little more than staying in the ropes. Day of Rage: How Trump Supporters Took the U.S. Capitol - The New York Times

Yup. I linked a couple off twatter in another thread which showed one cop opening up barriers, and waving his arm fast beckoning to the crowd, and another where a door was opened by a cop and a couple of dozen people walked on in passing 4 or 5 cops, like they were on a museum trip.
All a setup.

Yep, seen the exact ones. Suddenly not up anymore... Hmm!

Yup. I linked a couple off twatter ...
You also linked to a video of people dying on the streets in Wuhan with buses and cars and pedestrians and motorcyles going past during a time when everyone was staying behind closed doors. I have no video but did take photos of Shanghai streets, and there'd be about one car every ten minutes, no buses, no motorcycles, maybe one pedestrian (usually a young foreigner, they are immortal, at least I was) about two hundred yards away.

(I'm old, I didn't give a damn, a calamity like Pompeii was too good to pass up, had to see it upclose.)

You couldn't tell the difference and were still peddling that crap a year later. Your stuff is shit.

So just yesterday it was a Diemaker for 40 years, today it is 30 years, like I said, wonder what tomorrow will bring from your non credible ass

I started my certified apprenticeship about 43 years ago. Been doing some sort of tool and die type of work ever since either for my employer or for my own customers. So over 40 years experience here. I'm guessing that you were a guy that was an upgrader. No college level classes or schooling. Sweep floors for a couple of years then run a radial drill for a few years and there you go, now you're a tool and diemaker.

One of my old friends was a tool and diemaker. I stopped by his house one day and he had a Bridgeport in his garage. Showed me some plastic pieces that he was working on and had made about a dozen times and still hadn't gotten one that was in spec. I looked at the print and couldn't figure out what the problem was.
A few years later I was relating the story to another friend of mine that had worked as a tool and diemaker and a toolmaker and this is what he told me. He said that as a diemaker he could fudge things and make it work whereas toolmakers need to be able to make parts to a print and have everything in spec. The first guy was a tool and diemaker and it wasn't long and he sold the Bridgeport and has been hired help ever since.

Yup, I'll bet you spent a long time sweeping floors.

We are supposed to take a well known libtard slanted MSM source as the gospel? No thanks, I like the truth better.

Plenty of videos from multiple parties of the protesters being welcomed into the Capitol. Well there was before they got pulled on YT.

If I ever doubted the depth of the craziness of the trump cult members this comment is right up there with the best of them. You TRUMP CULT MEMBERS can watch your fellow cult members violently tearing our capitol apart and attacking cops and shrug it off as tourism. You crazy TRUMP CULT MEMBERS have lost your minds. That is if you every had one to begin with.

Yup. I linked a couple off twatter in another thread which showed one cop opening up barriers, and waving his arm fast beckoning to the crowd, and another where a door was opened by a cop and a couple of dozen people walked on in passing 4 or 5 cops, like they were on a museum trip.
All a setup.

If these people were all being invited in why did they feel the need to break the windows and climb in through them? You TRUMP CULT MEMBERS can't be serious when you say things like this. Nobody can seriously be that stupid but I've seen some act pretty stupid.

I started my certified apprenticeship about 43 years ago. Been doing some sort of tool and die type of work ever since either for my employer or for my own customers. So over 40 years experience here. I'm guessing that you were a guy that was an upgrader. No college level classes or schooling. Sweep floors for a couple of years then run a radial drill for a few years and there you go, now you're a tool and diemaker.

One of my old friends was a tool and diemaker. I stopped by his house one day and he had a Bridgeport in his garage. Showed me some plastic pieces that he was working on and had made about a dozen times and still hadn't gotten one that was in spec. I looked at the print and couldn't figure out what the problem was.
A few years later I was relating the story to another friend of mine that had worked as a tool and diemaker and a toolmaker and this is what he told me. He said that as a diemaker he could fudge things and make it work whereas toolmakers need to be able to make parts to a print and have everything in spec. The first guy was a tool and diemaker and it wasn't long and he sold the Bridgeport and has been hired help ever since.

Yup, I'll bet you spent a long time sweeping floors.

So suddenly your the best that ever was?

Seriously?

Your never the best at everything and I guarantee we all could hand each other their ass in one way or the other. Doubt me?

We are supposed to take a well known libtard slanted MSM source as the gospel? No thanks, I like the truth better.

Plenty of videos from multiple parties of the protesters being welcomed into the Capitol. Well there was before they got pulled on YT.

Just JFC. Take a look at the video. Almost all of it was shot by participants. The shooting of Ashli is fairly graphic and illuminating. All of the Gravy Seals with her pretty much stopped in their tracks with big WTF this is real looks on their faces.

Please point that out to me.

I'm sorry but I cannot, I want to say it was possibly in the 100,000 thread, but I'm just not going to rummage through over 450 post to try to find it.
If there is a faster way to find it, I am not that user savvy
I'm like 85% sure it was you trying to goad me over a silly game because of my screen name, but if not I apologize, I guess there is a chance it was EG

Back