What's new
What's new

Siemens 828D dist-to-go in radius

proacker

Plastic
As the title says, my dist-to-go is always in radius value. Its a romi c420 lathe with a siemens 828d controller. It used to be in diameter but somehow it's now on radius and i can't find how to make it in diameter again. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank youIMG_20240524_133645_114.jpg

Try clicking the button (soft key) that says "Rel actual values" to adjust the reading. I'm sure there's sub options inside that menu.

Last edited:
I will give it a try tomorrow while i'm at work. Pretty sure i tried before but i'll make sure i explored it fully.

Try clicking the button (soft key) that says "Rel actual values" to adjust the reading. I'm sure there's sub options inside that menu.
I tried that with no luck. I had tried before but gave it another shot. It just makes it relative. Zoom act value doesn't work either.

Attachments

• IMG_20240527_064420_808.jpg
    IMG_20240527_064420_808.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 6
There is a code to control this, although this could directly effect the code. Be incredibly cautious when testing this, if this is incorrect it's going to slam into the blank.

Try adding DIAMOF to the top of the code. In testing with Sinutrain this worked as I would expect and put the machine in radius mode. Below is a link describing how this function works.

There is a code to control this, although this could directly effect the code. Be incredibly cautious when testing this, if this is incorrect it's going to slam into the blank.

Try adding DIAMOF to the top of the code. In testing with Sinutrain this worked as I would expect and put the machine in radius mode. Below is a link describing how this function works.

This will affect the distance-to-go? I am programming in diameter. My wear are in diameter. It's only my distance-to-go that is on radius.

Thanks for helping.

Are you able to check parameters? Looks like 20360 bit 8 being turned on will force it to always be radius. There is some chance that is turned on.

My hunch is this has something to do with your tool definitions though.

This will affect the distance-to-go? I am programming in diameter. My wear are in diameter. It's only my distance-to-go that is on radius.

Thanks for helping.
This should effect the entire display, both distance-to-go and machine position. Although, looking at your response you may be looking for DIAMON. I would try it and see what happens. You may want to shift your Z way out in front of the part for this.

Are you able to check parameters? Looks like 20360 bit 8 being turned on will force it to always be radius. There is some chance that is turned on.

My hunch is this has something to do with your tool definitions though.
20360 has bit 0-7-9 activated. I tried activating and desactivating bit 8 without a change.

This should effect the entire display, both distance-to-go and machine position. Although, looking at your response you may be looking for DIAMON. I would try it and see what happens. You may want to shift your Z way out in front of the part for this.
I would gladly give it a test. I am using shopturn. I do i activate diamon? In mdi?

I would gladly give it a test. I am using shopturn. I do i activate diamon? In mdi?
I've never used shopturn, but I tried it in Sinutrain. It should look like this (line between N30 and N40.)

1717091478103.png

You should also open the "G Functions" tab to see what mode the machine is in. Sinutrain lathe is defaulting to DIAM90, and the vertical mill/turn that I run defaults to DIAMOF. This might tell you if this is the correct path for correcting the issue.

I've never used shopturn, but I tried it in Sinutrain. It should look like this (line between N30 and N40.)

View attachment 441509

You should also open the "G Functions" tab to see what mode the machine is in. Sinutrain lathe is defaulting to DIAM90, and the vertical mill/turn that I run defaults to DIAMOF. This might tell you if this is the correct path for correcting the issue.
The G functions seems to be on DIAMON

Attachments

• IMG_20240530_140619_359.jpg
    IMG_20240530_140619_359.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 3

Back