What's new
What's new

Sip MU-214B Societe Genevoise Universal Measuring Machine For Precision Mill Conversion

Sip MU-214B Societe Genevoise Universal Measuring Machine

For precision mill conversion

Needs two new wheels, damaged when shipped to me

Needs precision filing on two threads to repair slight bump on threads in one spot

No accessories included

Only includes what is shown in the photos, no mounting table, I planned on attaching a small rotary table using the existing mounts

Lighting box needs repair, I planned on adding digital readouts and removing the existing measuring scopes

In fair condition, needs cleaning, etc.

I'm selling most of my watchmaking tools

I purchased this for almost twice my asking price and never got around to doing the mill conversion

Asking $900 or best offer, it's time for this to be gone

No Shipping, Local Pickup Only In Corvallis, Oregon

If you arrange shipping I will be here to meet the shipper but I can not palletize or be responsible for any loading
BF5824E5-F78D-48C8-82BA-A8818BEF795E.jpeg9455CC18-2116-4035-A864-BC553C5A8DA7.jpegA796C506-F89C-419D-A4B2-43E83B0A4763.jpegB2608568-02B1-437E-A854-D90E1983487C.jpeg

Last edited:
Beautifu! Not something I’d use, but appreciate the peek.

What other watchmaker tooling are you selling?

Yeah, it's amazing the precision you can get out of this. I have a photo of a complicated pattern sitting on a small section of someone's pinky nail.

No other machinery left other than jeweler's lathes.

The watchmaker Vianney Halter converted one of these to a CNC. He talks about it at the very beginning of this video:

This sounds like it could be my pinky nail 😬
Indeed it is! That piece and I believe a dial you were working on are what convinced me to get the machine. Unfortunately sudden onset numbness in my hands has made it pretty difficult to work on watches. If no one buys it I'll probably set it up and try and make some kind of micro art with it.

Indeed it is! That piece and I believe a dial you were working on are what convinced me to get the machine. Unfortunately sudden onset numbness in my hands has made it pretty difficult to work on watches. If no one buys it I'll probably set it up and try and make some kind of micro art with it.
Very sorry to hear about your hands, is there no treatment to improve the condition at all?

Also sad to hear about the damage of the SIP during shipping. Drop me a message on Instagram if you get a moment, I can't remember your account name.

I don't have space to store it, last chance before it's parted out and scrapped. That would be a shame but there isn't any interest in it at all.

Back