What's new
What's new

Sliding Head Cell Setup - Deburring/Inspection

bogger24

Plastic
Hi All,

We are setting up a sliding head cell here with 6 x Citizen sliding head machines for the manufacture of small titanium parts.
The parts are approximately 40mm long and 10mm diameter. All material is Ti6AL4V.

Inspection
We are striving for 100% inspection of 1 in 10 parts. This will be a 24/5 operation here.
For inspection, we are looking at using a Renishaw equator (automatically writing offsets back to the machine TO ALL 6 MACHINES).
  • Does any one have any ideas on how we can store parts before being inspected?
  • Has any one real life experience in using an equator in a production setting?

Deburring
All parts will have to be deburred
  • Does any one have any ideas on how we automatically deburr these small parts as an OP20?
  • We cannot use mass media finishing here. They must be handled one by one.

Parts should come off the machine burr free.

How much scratch can you drop? MCC offers this system for storing parts. And I happen to know (because I suggested it) that the design spec includes the possibility of a Keyence laser mic for measuring parts as they come off the machine.

YouTube

Parts should come off the machine burr free.

How much scratch can you drop? MCC offers this system for storing parts. And I happen to know (because I suggested it) that the design spec includes the possibility of a Keyence laser mic for measuring parts as they come off the machine.

YouTube

Hi @TEACHMEPLEASE, This system is excellent- I haven't seen anything from citizen before. Have you any idea on costs?

Oh, forgot to mention, if you talk to Productivity Quality, Inc (PQI) in Minnesota, they can set you up with in machine Renishaw probing, with automatic offsetting and error trapping, for not a lot of cash, assuming your quality department would buy off on that.

Back