What's new
What's new

Smile Looking for parameters for Takamaz LX-20. Willing to pay if necessary.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Horrible policy on Takamaz' part.
Mazak has the same policy (and I'm guessing others as well). We've run into this at least three times.

When it's the same owner and you just change countries, they want a fee of about $3,000 per machine to "register" the machine in a new territory, or some such bullshit. That's before they will even talk to you to answer the simplest questions.

When it was a change of ownership as well, they wanted demanded a bunch more paperwork, which the US main office dragged their feet on for over two months. We finally gave up and found a tech who would moonlight. Saved maybe ten grand and got the installation done right away.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that others have these same policies. Some of this stuff you can't predict, it's only when you do it that you find out the awful truth.

edit: is it similar to the x200 ? There's one on xianyu but no guarantee the seller has a clue. Fanuc 21i.

Last edited:
edit: is it similar to the x200 ? There's one on xianyu but no guarantee the seller has a clue. Fanuc 21i.
No, I don't think so. We have tried to restore the parameters from Takamaz X-20 and they just won't work at all.

What a bunch of BS no help from the manufacturer sucks! This goes back to better have good back ups for all older machines and don't buy a used machine that lost parameters. Good luck i hope you can find them somewhere!!

So it appears that Thailand should be on my "Follow" list on Bidspotter?
I would think that a used machine there would be of nigh zero value?

Is theft such a big issue there that multi-tonne machines come up missing overnight?

My suspicion is that machines wind up getting shipped to places they're not supposed to be.

I understand your point, but if that was the case, he would not be "in one of those places".
He is in .... Thailand...

With this service stance - it would seem more likely that an agent from "one of those places" would be able to find cheap machinery there.
No?

-------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

That's the reason I'm only interested in used Mori Seiki's (other then the obvious reasons) You get a machine without parameters, call them up, they'll ask for a photo of the nameplate and serial number to prove you own the machine and they'll give you the parameters.

I had an SL3 with the single line LED yasnac control, they had the parameters for that, Mori USA had to go back to Japan to request the parameters, took a week from what I remember.

I understand your point, but if that was the case, he would not be "in one of those places".
He is in .... Thailand...

With this service stance - it would seem more likely that an agent from "one of those places" would be able to find cheap machinery there.
No?

-------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox
Quite possible. Only speculation on my part.

Back