What's new
What's new

Snow Tapping machine pneumatic lift cylinder assembly $25

DDoug

Diamond
Removed from service, valve worked fine in operation.
Ram leaks air, will need new piston packing. I unscrewed end cap and
see packing is a normal cup style of packing.

I don't like this type of table lift, and have replaced it with a simple
trailer jack.

Attachments

• GEDC0038.jpg
    GEDC0038.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 69
  • GEDC0039.jpg
    GEDC0039.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 53
Tapping alignment

I’ve got a Snow tapping machine that I just got up and running. I had some questions if you don’t mind me asking about functionality.
Pm me or whatever thanks

Dang. No machine that tests the acoustical properties of snow, or threads it for permafrost anchors?

I suppose if'n you tossed the machine out into a snow bank with a chain around it, you could test for both the sound of it hitting the snowbank, and the anchoring ability of said snow as well with the chain....:D

I’ve got a Snow tapping machine that I just got up and running. I had some questions if you don’t mind me asking about functionality.
Pm me or whatever thanks

Start a new thread in the general section, there's more than just me as an owner.

I’m just mostly curious of best best way to align parts under the tapping head without a jig. Obviously this is a production machine and having a jig set up as best, but I just can’t seem to wrap my mind around moving a single part with multiple holes around and aligning it with the tap.

Trying to just line up by hand to do multiple holes sounds like trouble waiting to happen . These machines are great production machines not so much for hand tapping . Sounds like a tapping head in a drill press would be safer . Not picking on you just saying it might be less trouble in the end

Thank you for the reply. But yes that is exactly why am asking so that it’s done correctly. I would never hold a part by hand in this machine or even a drill press for that matter. I’m looking for recommendations of the most efficient way to align holes in my parts with the tap.

Back