What's new
What's new

soft jaw rack?

No idea what a Noddy is (one of the things I like about PM) but if I say "piss off Noddy" in my 'ead wit an English accent......it makes me not want to be one. lol:cheers:

Pretty sure that around here we would call him a jerk-off.

No, that would be a "wanker".
I do repairs for a saw blade mfg. They're from Sheffield, England. Every time they're in my shop I get an education on their adjectives.

No idea what a Noddy is (one of the things I like about PM) but if I say "piss off Noddy" in my 'ead wit an English accent......it makes me not want to be one. lol:cheers:

Pretty sure that around here we would call him a jerk-off.

Noddy is the hero of a series of children's books first published in the fifties. He and his great friend Big Ears go round having adventures and are unfailingly polite, pleasant and helpful to everybody they meet. "Piss off Noddy" is the punchline of a long joke which I first heard in the seventies, and still gets a laugh from anybody who knows the original joke. Well, it made me laugh anyway.

Also, I understand that 'skip' translates to 'dumpster' in the American tongue, so whereas we go skip dipping, you folks go dumpster diving.

George

Noddy is the hero of a series of children's books first published in the fifties. He and his great friend Big Ears go round having adventures and are unfailingly polite, pleasant and helpful to everybody they meet. "Piss off Noddy" is the punchline of a long joke which I first heard in the seventies, and still gets a laugh from anybody who knows the original joke. Well, it made me laugh anyway.

Also, I understand that 'skip' translates to 'dumpster' in the American tongue, so whereas we go skip dipping, you folks go dumpster diving.

George

A variation on Georgineers joke

(Possibly only for fans of Noddy and Big Ears:)

It was a glorious day in Toytown and Big Ears decided to go and meet his best friend Noddy. The sun was shining and the birds whistled merrily in the trees. Big Ears was excited, after all he hadn't seen his best friend Noddy for a whole week! That was much too long for Big Ears.

Big Ears made himself a lovely breakfast - muffins and pancakes. Yummy, yummy! He read his newspaper and then set off to Noddy's house in the middle of Toytown. Walking out of his front gate he bumped into Mr. Postman.

"Hello Mr. Postman," said Big Ears, "I'm off to meet my very best friend Noddy on this glorious day."

"Hello Big Ears," said Mr. Postman, "I'm sure you'll have a lovely time. You and Noddy are such good friends. Everybody knows that."

Big Ears walked jauntily along the road, smelling the flowers in the hedgerows and whistling a merry tune. Soon he came across Mr. Baker.

"Hello Mr. Baker," said Big Ears, "I'm off to meet my very best friend Noddy on this glorious day."

"Hello Big Ears," said Mr. Baker, "That's great news. You and Noddy are such good friends. Have a good day."

"I will!" beamed Big Ears, ever more excited about meeting Noddy, his bestest, BESTEST friend in the whole world.

As he walked Big Ears remembered all of the great times Noddy and he had together. There was the time they took the train to the beach and ate ice cream - that was lovely. Or the time the sweetie-van overturned in the street and all the little kiddies gorged themsleves on licqorice drops and bubbly gum. Super times!

Big Ears rounded the last corner into Noddy's street and he could now see Noddy's house up ahead. "This is SO exciting," he said to himself, "I'm going to meet Noddy my best friend in the world and we are going to have such fun together!"

He opened the gate at the end of Noddy's path and ran up the path to the door, hardly able to contain his excitement. This was going to be a great day - maybe even the greatest day of all! He knocked on the door and waited, a huge smile on his face. Inside he heard noises - Noddy was coming to the door!!

The door opened and there was Noddy, Big Ears's best friend in the whole wide world with whom he had shared so many great adventures. Big Ears was shaking with excitement.

"Hello Noddy," he beamed, "It's me, Big Ears, your bestest friend in the whole world. I haven't seen you in for a week!! Let's go out together and have a great adventure in Toytown!"

Noddy looked at Big Ears - "Piss off you twat"

Hey guys,

My soft jaws are annoying me constantly getting in the way and whatnot.

Just wondering if anyone had an ingenious method of storing them? I was thinking some sort of peg board might be the go so they are all nicely visible, but also have their own spot to live.

Pictures are always helpful.

Cheers,
Trav

I just tidied up my collection. 35 soft jaw sets and 1 hard jaw set...
I work in a shop where there are multiple size chucks and along with them chuck jaws. What I came up with is making a rack. Set your jaws next to each other side by side and get a measurement, add a half inch for width and height. I made ours a bit deeper then the length for stability. We went about ten sets high. We used 3/4 inch plywood but I've also done them with plastic etc. We have one rack that is allowed to skin the jaws for odd sized stuff, but the majority of our work is repetitive, meaning our work cycles every month. We waisted to much time looking for the right jaws so I decided to number the sets and spots in the rack. We record the jaw set # in the programs. Now because we there is a spot for them to be returned when finished and they are numbered and recorded in the programs, no more wondering around looking for them, you just look for the # in the program and go to the rack and select that # set. Shazam your up and running.

Back