What's new
What's new

South bend 16” parts

MEelectricLLC

Plastic
Good Morning,

My name is Joshua and I am new to this forum. A short back story I was able to purchase a South Bend 16” (model CL117C serial number 14466H) at a state surplus auction, it came out of a community college in Louisiana that was discontinuing their machining department. For many years I have wanted to learn how to use a lathe so I purchased a small grizzly machine pretty cheap locally and really enjoyed it. Fast forward a few years I was just browsing the state surplus site for other items I can use in my business and I found this lathe and I thought it would be interesting and I won the auction, but at that time I thought the unit was smaller than it was form the bad pictures they put online. That gets me to the present time and I am in need of some parts and would really like some help for sourcing those. First there is a spring in the under mount on the tension handle that is broke, the machine functions correctly without it, is it needed or is there a common fix for that? Second it did not come with a steady rest are there and aftermarket options or does anyone know where to find an original? Third is the belt it is still in good shape but I would like to have one on backup. I will attach some pictures of the lathe.

Thanks to everyone!
Joshua Mathews

Back