What's new
What's new

Specialized Vertical mill for EDM Carbons ? Makino SNC 64

DDoug

Diamond
In nearby Meadville, Pa. where there is allot of plastic mold shops.

what are you saying?
You are looking at buying one? Makino used the SNC64 model name for a long time for machines that were quite different but the same.

Take a look at the Hwacheon G1 line which is specifically designed for electrode machining or the Fanuc Robodrill trodemaster…

what are you saying?
You are looking at buying one? Makino used the SNC64 model name for a long time for machines that were quite different but the same.
I was not "saying", I was "asking" as this machine has a large dust collector with it.
I'm all ears if you would like to take some time and write a few words about the history & variants of that machine.

I used Makinos' graphite machines back in the 90's. Excellent machines. Tuned a little different for high speed machining of graphite or copper versus steel. Can't speak for them recently but they do have the know how. Big Torrit dust collector, no coolant tank. Permanently lubed roller bearings. As I remember them, sealed spindle bearings too.
We also had a few Robodrills too but those were retrofitted after purchase. None of the dedicated graphite options. Still great machines.

Sorry I usually dont click links, especially to MyFace™ so I cant see what was shown.
They are great machines for electrodes and hardmilling core cavity work, so I am told. Are you looking at a green one or a newer black and white one.
I believe the green ones shared some architecture with the RMC machines and the newer ones were stand alone designs. If I was buying one for high precision work, I would need some ballbar/laser cal first. I have seen several V55s which while not the same machines, were built similarly. need X LM guides replaced.
Are you going to use it for mold work?

Back