What's new
What's new

Speedio Invalid Data Alarm Help

Nerdlinger

Stainless
Hi Everyone,

I keep getting an SM4006 invalid data alarm while trying to make an X move on line 1657 on my Speedio. I tried single blocking it and it DOES make the G2 move on the line before but it never even starts to execute block 1657. (See the POS screen that says we are still in G2?) I checked my I's and J's to make sure they match up with the X's and Y's and I am using "WEAR" comp in MasterCAM so the tool path is already written for the 3/16" em I am using SO the cutter diameter is "0" in the tool offsets page, so I don't think it has to do with a cutter comp move...the .0469 X move when cancelling G42 is the same amount it uses to invoke G42 with a Y move so I don't think it's looking ahead to that. Usually I miss a decimal point or something but this time I cannot figure out for the life of me what is wrong with that seemingly-simple X-move. Does anyone see what's going on? :wall:

P.S. before anyone asks, I am trying G42 instead of G41 in an attempt to wash out some deflection I am getting with this long skinny end mill.

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 28
I have been there with the exact same problem not too long ago. Don't focus too much on the line you think is the problem, "look ahead" at the next few lines like the control is doing. Single block on that control still looks ahead some.

Back