What's new
What's new

Speedio won't move when using probe.

Houndogforever

Hot Rolled
Joined
Oct 20, 2015
Location
Boring
Went to set up, move probe into position, verify program, hit go, things blink on probe, but no axis movement.
IMG_1339.jpg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1338.jpg
    IMG_1338.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
It's always the batteries. If you just put new batteries in the probe and it doesn't work, it's probably still the batteries.

Batteries are trash anymore. I've had new probe batteries right out of the bag that were already dead.
 
I keep getting "unexpected obstacle" and can't figure it out. It's random, comes in streaks, and then starts working fine. Sometimes wiping the windows fixes it, sometimes a tool change and wash.
 
Yep, and a 50w flood in the machine enclosure. The next time it acts up I will turn the light off to see if that is it.
Then you'll need to add a wall mounted actuator to flip the light switch off, driven by the code to turn the probe on!

I have added large LED flood lights to just about every machine in the shop. I wondered if they might interfere with the probes but I have a hard time understanding how that would cause the probe to intermittently malfunction considering they are always on and in the same spot when the probe runs...

99% of the time the issue is the batteries, the other 1% is somehow the "machine decided" to drive the probe into the table.
At least that's what the operators tell me :skep:
 
Then you'll need to add a wall mounted actuator to flip the light switch off, driven by the code to turn the probe on!

I have added large LED flood lights to just about every machine in the shop. I wondered if they might interfere with the probes but I have a hard time understanding how that would cause the probe to intermittently malfunction considering they are always on and in the same spot when the probe runs...

99% of the time the issue is the batteries, the other 1% is somehow the "machine decided" to drive the probe into the table.
At least that's what the operators tell me :skep:
My issue is random. It will work fine for months then sometime in the routine it throws the exact same error, and do it over and over again, in different spots, until it starts to work again. It first did it over a year ago and I haven't changed the batteries yet so I don't think that would explain it. The flood light is right above the receiver so any LED light causing it problems will be reflected. The first time it did this I wiped the lens in the probe and it started working fine again, the receiver is almost always clean. That doesn't always work. Sometimes pausing between the X and Y outside widths got it to work, the last time it was a tool change with wash that "fixed" it.
 
Yep, and a 50w flood in the machine enclosure. The next time it acts up I will turn the light off to see if that is it.
ive had it react with my welding hood on low amperage , as LED on AC current likes to flicker but is faster then the eye can see at 60Hz. but electronics can become a problem if they start picking up the same wavelength or seeing the light flickering. could be a light reflecting off something into the sensor and tripping it out, there have been guys before getting false signals from a probe in a different machine also.
 
Is this a Blum probe and are you using older macros? They used to "guess" the delay needed. Sometimes I found you could position the probe in a different location and it needed more time to switch on (or something). V4 macros dynamically delay and this seems more robust for me
 








 
Back
Top