What's new
What's new

Spindle repair customer service

mbalazs

Plastic
Good day,

I have a spindle in repair at the manufacturer. They found that the bearings were damaged due to overload. I have asked them to send me information of the bearings that they will install. They told me it's not possible. Is this normal practice? Info's like this are a trade secret?

I had a spindle repaired recently by a spindle repair company (not the spindle manufacturer), and they included the bearing part #s on the final paperwork I received with the rebuilt spindle.

All true.
The bearings are probably a standard abec7 or something, but they want the repair money. Remember, the real money is in parts, not the whole.

I would think another spindle rebuild company may be able to tell you, with a persuasion.

Doug.

What is the spindle? Some OEMs have "special" bearings made for them so they can achieve higher speeds or accomplish something an off the shelf bearing wouldnt handle. In this case (and many others) the OEMs wont disclose the information. Or in some cases (looking at you DMG) they will change one critical dimension, like make the od of the outer race 1mm over nominal.. just so you are stuck using them... If you tell me what it is I may be able to tell you whats in it.

Upfront you might specify what bearings brand, or bearing grade.
'After the quote, or after the job is started the bearings used is relative to the price quote.
The quote may be for old stock new bearings that you may refuse.

Last edited:
Good day,

I have a spindle in repair at the manufacturer. They found that the bearings were damaged due to overload. I have asked them to send me information of the bearings that they will install. They told me it's not possible. Is this normal practice? Info's like this are a trade secret?
Are they regrinding it and rebalancing it? As for giving you part numbers. Well, that's business. They got bills to pay too.

Back