What's new
What's new

Spindle stopping on RPM change VF4

paels

Plastic
Anybody know how to change the spindle RPM without the spindle stopping on like a 12 year old VF4? Trying to change speeds during drilling. Was gonna try disabling the gearbox tomorrow and see if that works. Thanks.

If the two speeds are not using the same hi/hi or lo/lo gear it will stop to change gears. There are codes that force it to change to either gear. Its up to you which of the operations you want to run with the wrong gear.
And try to time that gear change around a tool change since it already has to stop for that...

If the two speeds are not using the same hi/hi or lo/lo gear it will stop to change gears. There are codes that force it to change to either gear. Its up to you which of the operations you want to run with the wrong gear.
And try to time that gear change around a tool change since it already has to stop for that...

Thanks! I got it working today by putting it in high gear (M42) and then disabling the gear box. Maybe I don't have to disable the gear box if I put the M42 on the M03 line. I'll try tomorrow.

Back