What's new
What's new

Standand Modern Lathe 1334 220 single phase in Alberta

Have a bunch of hours on that type of lathe. It is a real lathe, Bob. Would be happy to have it in my shop. Not pretending it’s a DSnG or Monarch but is also wasn’t priced as such when new. Agree the price (even for an Albertan!) is optimistic. Even if it has a ton of tooling.

From memory, which could be wrong, through hole in the lathes I used was 1 3/8”. This was thirty plus years ago. The pics from the kijjiji ad shows a taper attachment.

on edit- while I was typing michiganbuck linked a helpful brochure- yup memory was correct… this time ;-)

From memory, which could be wrong, through hole in the lathes I used was 1 3/8”. This was thirty plus years ago. The pics from the kijjiji ad shows a taper attachment.

on edit- while I was typing michiganbuck linked a helpful brochure- yup memory was correct… this time ;-)
Same lathe in Ontario asking 5.5k

Same lathe in Ontario asking 5.5k

Yes I saw that, only thing is the 5.5K Ont. lathe is quite used, the Alta. lathe is near new and has tons of equipment. I think his start - asking price is fair considering it's nearly immaculate. As new they are over 20K.

Webb used to be a good name. (?)
WEBB 14 X 40G PRECISION LATHE about $11k with no taper attachment.
China made South Bend about $9K, but next year you may not be able to get parts because some are discontinued...

Wait, Is the Webb and the Sharp the same machine? They sure look the same

Last edited:

Back