What's new
What's new

Starrett account registration

specfab

Titanium
I was looking for some info on the classic 6" 120A caliper on the Starrett website, and I see that they now have an online registration facility for setting up an account, which allegedly allows for 3D CAD and exploded dwg downloads. I have tried to register, last weekend and just now, and I keep getting stalled with an error message stating "must enter a valid country code" with phone number, which is required. I have tried every combination of country code and plus sign, parentheses or not around area code, and none of it is working.

Has anyone else used this registration process successfully? There is no indication that it is for distributors only, but is that the issue? It seems unrelated to the error message if so.

Has anyone else used this registration process successfully?

I gave it a shot, got as far as clicking the "no" radio button under "are you a starrett distributor ?" and it's been sitting there ever since.

Conclusion : website is shit. Web "developer" is shit. Company has head up ass.

There is an 800 number you might call tho :

(888) 674-7443

Here's a few other people whom you may wish to contact :

As for country codes, did you try 1, 001, and +001 all three ?

I was looking for some info on the classic 6" 120A caliper on the Starrett website, and I see that they now have an online registration facility for setting up an account, which allegedly allows for 3D CAD and exploded dwg downloads. I have tried to register, last weekend and just now, and I keep getting stalled with an error message stating "must enter a valid country code" with phone number, which is required. I have tried every combination of country code and plus sign, parentheses or not around area code, and none of it is working.

Has anyone else used this registration process successfully? There is no indication that it is for distributors only, but is that the issue? It seems unrelated to the error message if so.
I'm probably not going to be a lot of help here but a few days ago I tried registering. It did not seem to go well while doing it but I was somewhat successful. When I log in I get a message in a red field saying "Failure retrieving customer information" which goes away if I click on it.

If I want to order something from Starrett I probably have to do something about this, But:

I can use the 3D exploded parts feature but not either version of the 3D Model Assembly feature.

I'm pretty sure I just entered "1" (without the quotes) for the country code for my phone number.

David

I sent Starrett a note via their "contact us" page, and we'll see where that goes. In using the box that says "tell us your problem", with the note at the bottom stating 250-character limit, they don't have any auto-cutoff in the webpage code, but rather they allow you to write as much as you want, THEN tell you that there is a 250-character limit again, so you have to go back and count characters. Annoying, but I guess it's a first-world problem...

Back