What's new
What's new

.STL Mesh to PCBway CNC Manufacturing format

cellcreator

Plastic
Hello,

I am trying to make a small part using PCBWay CNC Manufacturing. The part has been designed in TinkerCad
and exported as a .STL file. Using FreeCAD I converted the part into a solid and exported into .STEP format.

After I uploaded the part to PCBway and paid the fee, I receive an email telling me that they cannot manufacture it
and that they need a version without any triangles.

Is there a way to convert this object to one without any triangles and export it to .STEP format?

Thanks in advance.

Automated conversion is only pretty good at best: fusion, rhino, viacad/shark all kind of do it. Good for complex surfaces that you need to get starting point editable surface.

For a simple shape like posted just remodel it in a cad that does nurbs/surfaces. Meshes are for video games and 3d printers.

You’ve spent more time posting here about this than it would take to model that on decent software. Looks to be a quick cross-section sketch and then a revolve and done.

I'll model it up for you if you send over your dimensions and the STL. One thing I think I'm seeing are threads terminating into the shoulder. You'll want a thread relief there. Can you let us know what this part is mating with?

Back