What's new
What's new

strange random alarm on Brother TC-31A

wmpy

Hot Rolled
I have a Brother TC-31A with A00 control that is randomly throwing alarm 6311: H Pre Coolant Err 1. Description says "high pressure or filter pump overloaded". The problem is that this machine doesn't have high pressure or through spindle coolant. It has two pumps: flood coolant and washdown. Neither of the overloads for these pumps are tripped when we get this alarm. Yamazen says possible I/O board trouble. Does anyone have any ideas what could be going on or how to diagnose the problem? I'm pretty good at tracking down problems on Fanuc machines, but I'm a little lost on Brothers. Thanks!

Does anyone have any ideas on this? I'm considering buying a new I/O board to see if the problem goes away. I hate just throwing parts at a machine, but that's where I'm at.

Sounds like IO board. I may be able to get you schematics and maintenance manual. Message me your email and I will see what I can do if you are interested.

I wonder if the wires for the high pressure coolant error got shorted somehow? If you look at the coolant pump motor starters/thermal overloads, there will be an extra plug around there for the extra high pressure coolant unit that isn't installed. Maybe try tracing that back to the IO board?

I wonder if the wires for the high pressure coolant error got shorted somehow? If you look at the coolant pump motor starters/thermal overloads, there will be an extra plug around there for the extra high pressure coolant unit that isn't installed. Maybe try tracing that back to the IO board?
Thanks, Frank. I will take a look at that in the morning.

I don't see any extra plug near the pump starters. I will keep digging into the maintenance manual you sent me.Thanks again for the help.

Back