What's new
What's new

Sub Spindle not Aligning with Main Spindle

nealrim

Plastic
Hi All
I have a DMG Mori CLX350V6 with sub spindle. I am machining on the main spindle a simple part(two diameters) and using the driven tools to do some milling as well. I am bringing the sub spindle up, parting off to transfer the part and continue facing off the part(2nd op) and then some milling. Only simple holes and flats. The problem i am having is that the main and sub spindles are not aligned correctly. They are about 1.4deg out of alignment with each other. What i have tried so far is below:
1. Menu
2.Set up
3. Machining Data
4. Soft key=> Axis MD
5. Search for parameter 34090
6. Soft keys on the right=> Select Axis
7. Select Axis=> AX7 C3/3.152/DoC3
8. This changes the parameter to Degrees
9. Change dimension.
10. Soft key=> Press Set MD Active.
11. Power off and isolator off.
12. Power on.
13. Jog=> TSM both spindles revolve @200rpm on.
14. Set the spindle C3 to rotate to 0

This all works fine. When i come to machine the parts, nothing has changed.

I also tried set a L705(45) to try to force the machine to mill at a different angle to no avail. I am pulling my hair out here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi All
I have a DMG Mori CLX350V6 with sub spindle. I am machining on the main spindle a simple part(two diameters) and using the driven tools to do some milling as well. I am bringing the sub spindle up, parting off to transfer the part and continue facing off the part(2nd op) and then some milling. Only simple holes and flats. The problem i am having is that the main and sub spindles are not aligned correctly. They are about 1.4deg out of alignment with each other. What i have tried so far is below:
1. Menu
2.Set up
3. Machining Data
4. Soft key=> Axis MD
5. Search for parameter 34090
6. Soft keys on the right=> Select Axis
7. Select Axis=> AX7 C3/3.152/DoC3
8. This changes the parameter to Degrees
9. Change dimension.
10. Soft key=> Press Set MD Active.
11. Power off and isolator off.
12. Power on.
13. Jog=> TSM both spindles revolve @200rpm on.
14. Set the spindle C3 to rotate to 0

This all works fine. When i come to machine the parts, nothing has changed.

I also tried set a L705(45) to try to force the machine to mill at a different angle to no avail. I am pulling my hair out here. Any help would be much appreciated.
one of my lathes does that, but its out .3 of a degree, I just "mis aligned" the take over cycle by that amount.

I have tried in the "counterspindle cycle" to rotate the sub spindle in relation to the main spindle but the part machined exactly the same.

I should have mentioned that i have an Siemens 840D control.

Just put a variable in your C addresses on $2.

G0 C[0+#150] and put the extra amount in #150. Obviously make sure local variables are safe to use, the #150 is just an example.

When handing off a part that requires rotational (clocking) accuracy, I use phase synchronization before the grab and the partoff.

My work offsets are G54 on the main and G55 on the sub.

As long as the handoff is repeatable, it's just a matter of adjusting the C-axis offset in G55. The most accurate way to do this is to mill a flat on the main, partoff/handoff, and then sweep the flat with a dial test indicator. Adjust your C as necessary until it runs true.

When handing off a part that requires rotational (clocking) accuracy, I use phase synchronization before the grab and the partoff.

My work offsets are G54 on the main and G55 on the sub.

As long as the handoff is repeatable, it's just a matter of adjusting the C-axis offset in G55. The most accurate way to do this is to mill a flat on the main, partoff/handoff, and then sweep the flat with a dial test indicator. Adjust your C as necessary until it runs true.
On my Haas lathes I can phase my spindle with M19 and use P or R P being whole degrees (P175) and R being two decimal places (R175.75) Some sub spindles can do the same with M119. I don't know if Siemens has a similar option.

If you stop both spindles and send both spindles to C0, and then chuck the sub, and then cut off, you still have this issue?

--------------------

I am Ox and I approve this here post!

Thank you all for your replies. I spoke with the manufacturers application department and we eventually came up with the code below after the counterspindle cycle in the program.

SETMS(3); SET SPINDLE 3(SUB SPINDLE) AS MAIN SPINDLE
C1.416; C AXIS ROTATION AMOUNT

Under the ShopTurn conversational programming there is a soft key along the bottom "Various=>Transformation(side soft key)=>C Axis Rotation" and in there you can input your C1.416. This has worked really well and is an easy fix.

Back