What's new
What's new

Swapping Heidenhain DDC2 drive controllers to test - Simodrive 611

markp

Hot Rolled
Im trying to troubleshoot a simodrive 611 with Hiedenhain DDC2 optical drive controllers. I want to swap the DDC2 modules to see if the error (x53) follows to another axis. I searched both machine forums and the Siemens site and seems like no one has ever done this type of test. Has anyone ever tried this and if so what is the procedure? The drive is in a 2000 DMU50V with Millplus control.

Last edited:
I have no experience with the mill plus controller(its kinda not really a heidenhain control, its a phillips/grundig.)

I have swapped the Heidenhain interface cards for our itnc530 on the simodrive 611 drives, it was simply a matter of removing them from the drive and swapping, then plugging everything back in

I have no experience with the mill plus controller(its kinda not really a heidenhain control, its a phillips/grundig.)

I have swapped the Heidenhain interface cards for our itnc530 on the simodrive 611 drives, it was simply a matter of removing them from the drive and swapping, then plugging everything back in
When i had made a swap in the DDC2 drivers the axis were wrong, i am not sure but i thing it has something to do with the blue pot.
Regards John

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 7
the Philips 4022 229 3011 (in out module in the controller) has a similar pot, i thing this is the way to tell the machine what cart is what.

Attachments

• philips.jpg
    philips.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 3

Back