What's new
What's new

Switching from coolant to air.

samfairfax

Plastic
Hello everyone, really excited as this is my first and certainly not last post!

I currently run 3 Takamaz xd-8 and i have a coolant discharge however i will start running them dry as it's going to be a better solution for the chip wrap issues i'm having.

My question is, do i just change the M code from turning on coolant to air or will i have to manually do something to the machine as i really don't have much experience with them so any tips or advices will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

My question is, do i just change the M code from turning on coolant to air or will i have to manually do something to the machine
Yes change the M code. Unless you need a source for the air blast and a place for it to come out of then you will have to do that also.

The current source i have is the tool post that discharges coolant thorough the tool holder. do i just change the nozzles from from the coolant pump to the compressed air line or three's even more to it ?

Depending on your current coolant lines and setup you may need to fit additional lines. Personally I would fit additional lines and a valve. Coolant is necessary on some applications.

I suppose I never thought of pumping air through the CTS system, but like ??? said you will probably benefit from having coolant thru the spindle and an external air line aimed at your tools activating via M-code-controlled solenoid. There are converging nozzles made for accelerating the air blast if you want. Good luck!

Back