What's new
What's new

Taking a poll of those interested in a 10EE Follow Rest casting.

If anyone has a Follow Rest you could loan It could possibly mean the difference between recieving a part that is ready to bolt on/or and getting a part that you will have to do your own milling on the base to fit the carriage.

If I was taking on the job, there is no way that I would take the risk of milling it to fit without having an actual part to reverse engeneer the base to fit.
I dont know if anyone has offered to loan theirs out to Chips E
Having someone willing to do this kind of work is rare.
I guess if you have a follow rest already you wouldnt have incentive to loan yours out.
It would be a favor for those of us that dont have one.
What Chips E is designing looks to be more robust than some of those Monarch designs posted.
Maybe someone has already offered to loan theirs out.
Chip's only has photos to reference from.

Last edited:
I have Harry Bloom's drawings for his sliding head follow rest. I could scan those and send them to you if you like. (I'd have to track them down in the shop)

Chips nice work!!! I just received my back issue of ?home machinist-dec2011? with Harry's steady design. Based on the sizes I'm thinking we may be able to produce 2 parts from A36 or 4140 plate & square stock. I am going to begin CAD next week.

i saw this on Facebook, from a Smart and Brown not for sale but helluva a lot simpler than others. SB is a clone might fit?

Attachments

• sB steady.jpg
    sB steady.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 21

Back