What's new
What's new

Talyrond #2 Manual

brcolow

Plastic
Hi,

I just got a Talyrond #2, made by Taylor Hobson in England.

I have contacted with their USA branch, and England brand and they don't have access to any old manuals.

I was able to purchase a manual for the Talyrond #1, #4, and the Talyrond Handbook from an online seller.

That still leaves me with trying to find the correct manual for my machine, a Talyrond #2.

If anyone has access to one and would be willing to share I would be so grateful.

Thanks so much.

Not much help, but there are some details of the machines in this book:

There is a film about them:

This is worth downloading:

It is biography of Richard Reason, someone closely involved with the machine's invention.

A few pages from the manual here:

Thanks so much. I actually purchased Industrial Metrology for the same reason.

I also contacted BFI (British Film Institute) and they said that the film was actually owned by the Australian Film Institute. I contacted them and they said there was no chance of digitizing it, but I could see it in person. Unfortunately I am not in a position to fly to Australia for that!

I also found that biography of Richard E Reason, and also purchased a small pamphlet "The Measurement of Surface Texture" by him as well as "1966 Report on The Measurement of Roundness" which both had some good stuff.

In other words, I went pretty crazy trying to find any and all information.

I had not seen that russian website...that's a very interesting lead!

Thanks so much. I actually purchased Industrial Metrology for the same reason.

I also contacted BFI (British Film Institute) and they said that the film was actually owned by the Australian Film Institute. I contacted them and they said there was no chance of digitizing it, but I could see it in person. Unfortunately I am not in a position to fly to Australia for that!

I also found that biography of Richard E Reason, and also purchased a small pamphlet "The Measurement of Surface Texture" by him as well as "1966 Report on The Measurement of Roundness" which both had some good stuff.

In other words, I went pretty crazy trying to find any and all information.

I had not seen that russian website...that's a very interesting lead!
Did you manage to buy the copy from Russia? It appears to have been sold. I have a "Wanted" advert running for you that might turn up something.

I tried to. It shows as sold because I did "buy" it, but then didn't get any contact from the seller. I am trying to use Google Translate to set something up!

Thanks Tony.

Back