What's new
What's new

The Passing of Camscan

Limy Sami

Diamond
It is with great sadness I have to report the death of PMer ''Camscan'', .......we met through PM, and it turned out lived only about 60 miles apart.

I have just heard from his widow - Rita, Ken died at age 83 on Sep 5th of basically throat cancer.

A cam auto (screwmachine) guy of the old school with a vast knowledge, having spent many years running his own business designing and making cams for single and multispindle autos, and was still doing a bit of designing until recently.

Born in Enfield, North London, Ken worked for (among others) ''AVDEL'' the aviation rivet people. On his subject you got it from the shoulder with Ken - whether you liked it or not! ( I did - my sorta guy)

He leaves his wife Rita and their dogs, children and grandchildren.

RIP Ken

Last edited:
Condolences to his family and friends. I enjoyed his sometimes witty remarks, and knowledge...

Thoughts to his family

Yup, we are getting older
Used to be I read the police notes to see what my friends were up to
Now I read the obits
Knowing it is finite is what makes one live life

Damn. I always enjoyed his knowledge, and his banter, he was bright as a button. Thanks for letting us know, Sami.

Sad, we’re following along behind whether we know it or not, 20 years goes by in the twinkle of the eye.
Sorry to hear of his passing
Mark

Limi I am very sad to hear this. He was quite intelligent and had some good wit and humor. I too see more people which I know that go. Thank you for letting us know. Was there a link to his obit? I would appreciate that.

Sad to read this. The old guard are going one by one, but he made a good age.
I didn't interact too much with him, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading his sparring posts with a certain member.

Sorry to hear of his passing. I know you and him were good buds. My condolences to rest of his family and freinds.

Back