What's new
What's new

The world is about to re shuffle

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video is good and brings up many good points about changes coming or in process. The new concept that countries use their own local inputs into production and economy have always been valid in principle.

Back during the OPEC oil embargo there was high inflation and that is what many remember living through back then. No fun at all.

This began at a time of a historically high period of manufacturing. Of course we witnessed the exodus of manufacturing and the increase in manufacturing elsewhere in the world.

Food on the table or in the baby bottle are important things. The United States has seen a hobbling effect on the livestock and farming sector and for some time.

After a number of these economic up and down cycles I guess our leadership team has everything figured out to minimize the impact on working class Americans. Or not.

Yep who knows? Best to focus on what is really happening now. I wonder how many friends here believe that gasoline will get to $6.00 per gallon? As far as our friends in Europe I am sure it is high yet wondering the average per measurement there. Here I suppose Americans drive a lot more miles in general than in the UK and Continental Europe.

Here in Spain, we're now 2 Euro per litre.
UK (Southcoast) now £1.65 per litre (1.95 Euro).
Historically, my memory says UK was always more expensive than Spain - at least 20%.

Eleccy went up 55% this month to last.
And last month to last year - it's 500% rise. (500% not 50%).
So prices are levelling out - upwards.
With standard of living levelling out - downwards.
No Worries, the MonekyPox is gonna get ya.....:D

Here in Spain, we're now 2 Euro per litre.
UK (Southcoast) now £1.65 per litre (1.95 Euro).
Historically, my memory says UK was always more expensive than Spain - at least 20%.

Eleccy went up 55% this month to last.
And last month to last year - it's 500% rise. (500% not 50%).
So prices are levelling out - upwards.
With standard of living levelling out - downwards.
Nice. Sounds like everything is going to plan then.

I'm pretty excited for the monkey pox, gonna be a good time. I thought weaponized Ebola was supposed to be next though?

Give it time, we'll all be gone and the 1 billion people left on earth will be living in 200sqft apartments, eating soylent green and turning in their neighbors for thought crime.

turning in their neighbors for thought crime.

As someone who left everything behind - family, friends and all - because of the same shit some 37 years ago ....
You think turning in your neighbor because she went out of state to get an abortion is somehow different?

And before you paint me with a liberal brush like Scottl did a while ago, lemme educate you that I am as fiscally conservative as I can get, but I do leave some room open for liberal causes.
Pro choice is one of those liberal causes.
So is the Social Security system in the USA.
In some respect, so is a very ( and I do mean VERY ) limited social medicine for the masses.

Otherwise, You and I would agree agree on pretty much all other divisive fronts which is a plague in our country today.
I am absolutely convinced that You and I could have a very cheerful and memorable and conversational barbecue any day of the week,
and not only remain, but even become better friends after.

Yes it is the same with myself and so many people who call themselves either liberal or conservative which congregate together. Being troubled enough with features of either side for the opposing view should be noted and worked through with compromises. I am very supportive of SS and Medicare and do understand the humanitarian aspects of Immigration both legal and illegal. (at least in the current definition of legal within the laws-I am a novice with legal and glad not to be a lawyer too)

In regard to war and how much we seem to get involved it is very annoying because of the reasons always given for such. Those in power present the case and I have very little problem with protests nor conscientious or religious objections. I include objections from atheists in that regard also.

I see every side mostly really hype or outright ignore issues. It is common now for glaring problems to be ignored and denied.

Free speech is a must And it does not live in a vacuum. I think it is clear that what has been considered wrong or right today and in the past has been constantly turned on it’s head. Protests are proper and very much so and they are dangerous. I recall many took the whole family to these I guess thinking it would be a peaceful summer of love.

As someone who left everything behind - family, friends and all - because of the same shit some 37 years ago ....
You think turning in your neighbor because she went out of state to get an abortion is somehow different?

And before you paint me with a liberal brush like Scottl did a while ago, lemme educate you that I am as fiscally conservative as I can get, but I do leave some room open for liberal causes.
Pro choice is one of those liberal causes.
So is the Social Security system in the USA.
In some respect, so is a very ( and I do mean VERY ) limited social medicine for the masses.

Otherwise, You and I would agree agree on pretty much all other divisive fronts which is a plague in our country today.
I am absolutely convinced that You and I could have a very cheerful and memorable and conversational barbecue any day of the week,
and not only remain, but even become better friends after.

Did you not just paint me with a conservative brush?

I try very hard to not "paint" anyone. I want your words to show me your motive. I want your motive to show me who you are.

I am not liberal nor am I conservative in the ideological sense that these terms have morphed into today.

I am a Christian; therefore my world views are defined by the commandments given to us by God; the gospel of Jesus Christ; and the teachings of his disciples and apostles.

Jesus Christ is King. I am his subject; his sheep; his bond servant. What he wants is what I want - even if I am incapable of reflecting his will through my own life at times, due to my own sinful nature.

If a woman came to me and told me that she had traveled out of state to get an abortion; I would do my best to explain the nature of her sin and the seriousness of the situation. I would make sure she knows that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. I would then offer to pray with her.

I would not disclose her actions or our conversation to anyone; the one and only exception being her husband if she is married or her father if she is a minor.

So there you go, asked and answered.

1 Corinthians 13​

The Excellence of Love​

13 If I speak with the tongues of mankind and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give away all my possessions to charity, and if I surrender my body so that I may [a]glory, but do not have love, it does me no good.​

4 Love is patient, love is kind, it is not jealous; love does not brag, it is not arrogant. 5 It does not act disgracefully, it does not seek its own benefit; it is not provoked, does not keep an account of a wrong suffered, 6 it does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 it [b]keeps every confidence, it believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.​

8 Love never fails; but if there are gifts of [c]prophecy, they will be done away with; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away with. 9 For we know in part and prophesy in part; 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away with. 11 When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I [d]became a man, I did away with childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror [e]dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully, just as I also have been fully known. 13 But now faith, hope, and love remain, these three; but the [f]greatest of these is love.​

Last edited:

Nope, I did not, but perhaps I've misinterpreted this here post of yours:

Give it time, we'll all be gone and the 1 billion people left on earth will be living in 200sqft apartments, eating soylent green and turning in their neighbors for thought crime.
Specifically the " turning in your neighbor" part, which historically been the primary reconnaissance weapon of the left.
Such weapon appears to be embraced by the right in some instances as of late, and I find stooping to that level absolutely disgusting.

If I was mistaking in my assumption though, then my humble apologies are offered.

Nope, I did not, but perhaps I've misinterpreted this here post of yours:

Specifically the " turning in your neighbor" part, which historically been the primary reconnaissance weapon of the left.
Such weapon appears to be embraced by the right in some instances as of late, and I find stooping to that level absolutely disgusting.

If I was mistaking in my assumption though, then my humble apologies are offered.
It's probably worth noting that the right wing politicians are the ones making laws offering rewards for turning in your neighbors for personal issues like getting an abortion. Is that something that you learned from listening to rush for too long?

I try very hard to not "paint" anyone. I want your words to show me your motive. I want your motive to show me who you are.

I am not liberal nor am I conservative in the ideological sense that these terms have morphed into today.

I am a Christian; therefore my world views are defined by the commandments given to us by God; the gospel of Jesus Christ; and the teachings of his disciples and apostles.

Jesus Christ is King. I am his subject; his sheep; his bond servant. What he wants is what I want - even if I am incapable of reflecting his will through my own life at times, due to my own sinful nature.

If a woman came to me and told me that she had traveled out of state to get an abortion; I would do my best to explain the nature of her sin and the seriousness of the situation. I would make sure she knows that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. I would then offer to pray with her.

I would not disclose her actions or our conversation to anyone; the one and only exception being her husband if she is married or her father if she is a minor.

So there you go, asked and answered.

1 Corinthians 13​

The Excellence of Love​

13 If I speak with the tongues of mankind and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give away all my possessions to charity, and if I surrender my body so that I may [a]glory, but do not have love, it does me no good.​

4 Love is patient, love is kind, it is not jealous; love does not brag, it is not arrogant. 5 It does not act disgracefully, it does not seek its own benefit; it is not provoked, does not keep an account of a wrong suffered, 6 it does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 it [b]keeps every confidence, it believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.​

8 Love never fails; but if there are gifts of [c]prophecy, they will be done away with; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away with. 9 For we know in part and prophesy in part; 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away with. 11 When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I [d]became a man, I did away with childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror [e]dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully, just as I also have been fully known. 13 But now faith, hope, and love remain, these three; but the [f]greatest of these is love.​

Can you quote the verse(s) in the bible that forbid abortion?

No, I didn't think you could.

Also, I'm happy for you to believe whatever you wish. I'm not happy for you to act on such beliefs using your chosen holy book as sole justification, because there are many 'holy books' and yours is but one.

So you might not consider yourself a conservative and I may well agree with you, but I'd class you as a religious supremacist nutjob the moment you tried to use your personal religious beliefs to influence policy.

PDW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back