What's new
What's new

Thinking About Buying a Mazak Variaxis C-600

Anybody own a Variaxis C-600 on here yet? I'm pretty sure it's a fairly new model replacing the J series. Can somebody share their likes/dislikes about the machine? It's a pretty big upgrade to my other two 5-axis machines (Haas umc 500's) I was also quoted a 500 mm OKK 5 axis. But I'm leaning towards the Mazak because I'd be getting the high Torque 15k spindle with 62 hp. If anybody has this machine, let me know what you think, there's very little data online as far as user satisfaction.

I'm also interested in some real experience, this machine is on the list of potential 5 axis machines assuming my company gets it act together and lets me buy some new kit.

Overall it looks pretty decent for the price but I'm a little concerned about the fact that the axis travels are smaller than the work envelope, so large part cant be faced in one pass for example unless you rotate C, but that only works at B0.
also not a massive fan of the Ram for the Y axis, but I suspect they have addressed rigidity by limiting the Y travel.

Pros of the B axis style for me is side loading automation with a Lang Robotrex for example.
Cant do that with an A axis trunnion style like the Variaxis I600 I believe, would have to go to a much more expensive and larger pallet changer.

There is One of these in My country but in the North Island so not easy to go and have a look.

Back