What's new
What's new

Titan is peddling Syil?

YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT MY MOST HATED YOUTUBE TRENDS ARE!!!

WHEN I HIT POST REPLY THIS HAPPENED!

DON'T FORGET TO LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE!

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY PATREON!

I immediately block any Youtube channel where all of the thumbnails are O-faced idiots.

As for your concerns about "the government !! the government !!" being involved, umm, this is called 'People's Republic' for a reason. China is a communist economy. The government is involved in everything. That's kind of the point of a planned economy and it's why, when you see photos of prominent leaders, as in china and vietnam (the current US hope for 'cheap labor !') there will often be a flag with the hammer and sickle on it. That's sort of a symbol for a government-directed economy.
Planned economy's are great, unless you're one of those poor Uyghurs or Falun Gong guys getting your organs harvested. If you are an elite that needs a liver then yeah, sickle it up (or out....).

This whole "China is going to take over" thing has already passed. Both the population and economy have already peaked and are in decline. Maybe it will circle back to Five Kindoms?

I just stopped by Titan's open house and saw the X5 and X7 running. They seem like decent little machines. Of course they had a nice Schunk vise in it. I'm not sure about the control. Coming from running a Speedio, they just are not in the same class is how I felt about it. They seemed to cut well, but slow rapids and the tool change was clunky and also slow (relatively speaking). The guy said the base model tool changer on the X7 is 9 second tool change. The new Tormach is 40k for one you don't have to put together yourself, wow.

That has to be for the umbrella style. I can't see a BT30 ATC taking 9 seconds.
But if that's true, then wow, that's pretty bad.

Yes, I think the umbrella style is what he was referring to. Then you can upgrade to a double arm deal. Not sure if you can get the burgmaster/robodrill style on the X7

I forgot to mention about the Syil. That f**cker is short! I'm 6'1" and would like my Speedio to be jacked up a few inches. The Syil is worse. It made my back hurt just looking at it.

Here are the only pictures I took. They had two Syil machines, bunches of DNS machines, 5ax, mill turn, dual lathe, big stuff with pallet pools, robot loaders. They had a few grinding machines. Mitiyoto room. Schunk, Haimer, sump pump thing he's selling. Then they had a couple big HSK100 German machines (can't remember brand). A couple GF EDMs. Several Tornos swiss machines including one with 8 spindles. Kennametal had a van there. I want to say the machines live there for Titan to do videos with. Lots of people had flown in for the respective companies. I did get a video of the Syil cutting, but limited bandwidth at the shop, so I'll post a link later.

Edit: the large German machines were Heller

Attachments

• 20240502_104148.jpg
    20240502_104148.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
  • 20240502_104133.jpg
    20240502_104133.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
  • 20240502_103312.jpg
    20240502_103312.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 53
  • 20240502_102309.jpg
    20240502_102309.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 52
  • 20240502_102246.jpg
    20240502_102246.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
...Or how to use con-Fusion360 hobby software for programming their new garage shop....
TBF, in the early days you are 100% accurate. It was hobby software. Today, or 10 years after Fusion360 was created, that's just not the case. The 5-Axis paths in it are ModuleWorks paths - the very same paths in Mastercam, GibbsCAM, etc... It should be looked at as an 80% solution, or 80% of the shops would not lose any or lose significant functionality if they migrated to it. That last 20%.... that's where I live. Heavy 5-Axis, really complicated processes, VERY specific metal removal strategies, etc... It would ABSOLUTELY work for nearly all the fixturing I've had to produce over the last 20 years or so.

As far as CAD modelers go, it's a full blown assembly modeler. Kinematics, motion, etc... Do I use it a lot? No, not really. The majority of the work I do is covered by ITAR restrictions so Fusion est no bueno. My modeler of choice is Inventor. I migrated from CATIA to Inventor in 2014-2015 I think. I don't like it's workflow as much as I like Inventor or CATIA. I'm sure if I spent enough time with it I could get proficient.

Just adding some perspective.

TBF, in the early days you are 100% accurate. It was hobby software. Today, or 10 years after Fusion360 was created, that's just not the case. The 5-Axis paths in it are ModuleWorks paths - the very same paths in Mastercam, GibbsCAM, etc... It should be looked at as an 80% solution, or 80% of the shops would not lose any or lose significant functionality if they migrated to it. That last 20%.... that's where I live. Heavy 5-Axis, really complicated processes, VERY specific metal removal strategies, etc... It would ABSOLUTELY work for nearly all the fixturing I've had to produce over the last 20 years or so.

As far as CAD modelers go, it's a full blown assembly modeler. Kinematics, motion, etc... Do I use it a lot? No, not really. The majority of the work I do is covered by ITAR restrictions so Fusion est no bueno. My modeler of choice is Inventor. I migrated from CATIA to Inventor in 2014-2015 I think. I don't like it's workflow as much as I like Inventor or CATIA. I'm sure if I spent enough time with it I could get proficient.

Just adding some perspective.
It is fair, not gonna stop me from rippin though :D
Most professionals that have been around for more than a second dislike its volatility, updates, online scenario etc.
Not the best reliable software for commercial use, and that is from the comments from the people who use it.

All that goes out the window due to the price, If you don't have or don't want to spend $15-20k+ its your jam!

Why would we discourage garage shops from commenting on these forums? There's some pretty damn smart guys with garage shops.

If those Syil machines can hold tolerances they can be a money maker for sure.
Some of the largest shops in MN started in a "Garage Shop" - Every shop has to start somewhere, I actually worked for local company, they have two facilities in different states. The owner started with a Bridgeport and Engine Lathe in the basement of a local salon.

It's not like garage shops are anything new, everyone now has access to share so much across multiple platforms, we are seeing how many garage shops there truly are.

But then again everyone's definition of "garage shop" seems to differ.

I was a beta tester for fusion, in 2013 it was still called Inventor Fusion, basically it was inventor lite and had no cam functionality at all at that point.
Makes you wonder, I did a day long training for Delcam PowerMill before Autodicks gobbled them up, and its functionality wasn't like Fusion, some sweet functionality that Fusion still doesn't have, So makes you wonder.
Them buying it up and integrating it is their jam though.
You notice they don't sell PowerMill as of like last year I think, its a Fusion add on now.

edit: but Delcam did also have FeatureCAM, could be based on this also :scratchchin:

Back