What's new
What's new

Tongtai VTX-7 Mits M80 Alarms 1068 & 1040 Lubrication Alarm Help!

hube268

Plastic
Hello! I'm a first-time poster here. The High School I work at has a Tongtai VTX-7 Vertical Tapping Center with a Mits M80 controller. I started getting a couple of alarms last night and am having trouble figuring out how to clear them'*. The two alarms are:
1068 LUB. PRESSSURE FAT.
1040 LUBRICATION ALARM

The CHIBA (MFE-302FW-T3P) lubrication pump attempts to pump way oil but instead of turning off in about 5s like it normally does, it continues to run for about 30sec until the machine turns it off and shows the alarm. If I reset the controller it does the same cycle and the displays the alarm. I haven't changed anything on my end. The pump has plenty of oil in it but it seems like the pump isn't building up enough pressure. Is there an adjustment or switch I need to check?

The VTX-7 is a really nice machine but the problem is lack of support. There are essentially no online resources to help guide troubleshooting. I'm hoping someone here has the experience to help me troubleshoot this.

Also, We're located in San Jose CA and if there is a technician that see this or if someone knows a local technician that can come troubleshoot this in person we are willing pay to bring in someone to help.

Thanks!

I have a VTX-5 and the pump runs for 15-20 seconds.I also have a pressure gauge on the lube pump that shows it is getting pressure.You can turn pump on by pressing switch on the way lube oilier. Maybe you have a plugged oil pickup line in the way lube tank?

I have a VTX-5 and the pump runs for 15-20 seconds.I also have a pressure gauge on the lube pump that shows it is getting pressure.You can turn pump on by pressing switch on the way lube oilier. Maybe you have a plugged oil pickup line in the way lube tank?
Its possible. I'm headed to the machine now. I'm considering taking it apart and checking for clogs...

It does seem to be using oil though which I would think wouldn't be the case if there was a clog in the tank itself.

A broken oil line will not allow the system to build pressure and may be the cause of your trouble.
That's what I'm worried about. Not sure how it could have happened or how I can test for that. Would I need to remove the way covers one by one to check or is there an easier way?

Often lines are nylon and can break due to age and particularly if they have chafed or rubbed on anything. Copper lines leak mainly from rubbing on something or corrosion. It typically requires pulling covers and looking for surfaces that are too oily or ways that are dry to narrow the search.

Looked on my VTX-5 today
You can push the feed button on the lube pump, to cycle the pump, the pressure gauge should be in the green marks.
If not building up pressure you can adjust the pressure by loosing up the jam nut, right side of pump ( looks like about a 10 mm nut) and turning screw in or out to get pressure ( flat blade screwdriver will do the trick ). My pump does run for only about 5 seconds. If using oil and no pressure then I would say broken oil line.

Back