What's new
What's new

Too those that have one, Would you recommend the Okuma Genos L300M lathe?

Tedger

Aluminum
I want to replace my three aging 20hp Hyundai's with something less than ten years old. The Okuma Genos L300M fits the mold perfectly and I would buy used untill I could swap all of them out. ( I'm a manufacturer, not a job shop if that makes a difference )
So throw out your opinions and let me know if you would by another of these lathes.
BTW, I'm in Phoenix and have no idea how the local support is but we do 99% of our own repair in house.
Thanks

I upgraded from an older Haas to my Genos L2000 MY Overall 2 years with it have been great. Its way more accurate and the finishes improved. There are some tricky things. Mine only has rigid tapping on the live tools, have tried floaters etc on the main.. Fusion360/HSM post has been a little troublesome on the live tooling/Y axis side. Looking forward to another

Once you know Okuma OSP, you may fall deeply in love with the power of the Dark Side.... I mean control.
I have a '12 L300M, and love it. It holds finishes and tolerances well.

If you opt for new at some point, make sure you KNOW what options you want, as getting upgrades (after the fact) from Okuma can be expensive & a PITA.

Doug

I have an L400, and its surprisingly good. I run the piss out of it (~140% spindle load, all day long) and it hasn't let me down yet and it's a 2011.
To reiterate what @doug925 said. Okuma options after the fact are obscenely expensive. Load that thing up with anything you could conceivably want. Or at least prepare to bend over later. You will be looking at at least double the price later just for the option without the installation included.

I want to replace my three aging 20hp Hyundai's with something less than ten years old. The Okuma Genos L300M fits the mold perfectly and I would buy used untill I could swap all of them out. ( I'm a manufacturer, not a job shop if that makes a difference )
So throw out your opinions and let me know if you would by another of these lathes.
BTW, I'm in Phoenix and have no idea how the local support is but we do 99% of our own repair in house.
Thanks
Im in Tucson and have a 2012 Okuma Genos L300M for sale ! has a bar feed and live tooling comes with it

YES!!!!! absolutely!!!! I worked on both the genos and multus and LOVE THEM!!!! they are my favorite. Very accurate. Great machines!!!

Back