What's new
What's new

Tool and Cutter Grinder Help

Good Evening,

Sorry to revive this old thread. I am considering the purchase of a tool and cutter grinder. I posted a WTB in the appropriate section of PM and I have received some leads and great advice but most machines are too expensive, too far away, worn out and/or include no accessories whatsoever.

I came across an OK Tool Model 202 grinder and was hoping that anyone who owns or has experience with one would share that information? I have done quite a bit of searching trying to find out more about the grinder and the company and there isn't much available. I found some literature at Vintage Machinery and I stumbled on to this thread.

Any thoughts, opinions, advise etc would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Joe

You should free download the Cincinnati #2 operators manual (or cinci #1)
It gives TC grinding procedures and shows the needed fixtures.

It is good to have along with any/every TC grinder.

Yes many TC grinders have good manuals, but the Cinci one is free and can sit in your computer or be put on a disk for your use.

Joe, Am not familiar with that exact model, but it looks solid built, and seems to follow the design features of most major brands-- B & S, Cinncy, KO lee, etc.. most likely flat & v ways. Just don't get too deep in your pocket with these. I pick up a unit here in the southeast several times a year for under $500 w at Ieast some tooling. They're out there; just have to do your homework and be ready to jump at the right time. I have at least 6 TC Grinders in house so i can give a you a run down on various features! Good luck!
PM me if can help out further. Johnny

Johnny, thank so much for the advice, truly appreciated.

Joe

Yes many TC grinders have good manuals, but the Cinci one is free and can sit in your computer or be put on a disk for your use.

Will do and thank you.

Where might one find this free download of the Cincinnati operators manual?

Original post-2009
At Vintage Machinery you can click on Cincinnati TC grinder and then free download the cinci operator's manual for free.
The tool grinding functions are almost exactly the same.

Maintenance and construction may be a little different. but the function is almost to the letter.
Use blotters on all wheels and be sure the wheel-stated RPM is not exceeded by the spindle RPM. The wheel should go the same or less than the spindle.
Good to send Vintage Machine a $10 donation.

RE: "Game on, B*%©hes!" That s a bit uncalled for and this is your 5th post, so that makes it even odder to say that..

Last edited:
OK Tool Model 202 looks like a Cincinnati TC grinder clone.
looks like a decent machine.

That old 2013 machine looks (photo) in good condition, but a TC grinder should be solid to the floor. The normal function of Tc grinding would be much safer with that machine unable to move.

eBay $1400 Bridgeport, Connecticut, ( I have no connection to ad)

Last edited:
Last edited:

Back