What's new
What's new

Tool life management variables?

Shmartin

Plastic
We have a Citizen K16 with a Mitsubishi series 70 control were we tend to use the tool life management page a lot. Problem is we have to input the counts manually for each tool everytime we switch programs. I was wondering if there is a way using variables in the program to manipulate the tool life counts in the program. Also where I could locate a list of all the possible variables? Im new to using variable programming and the only one I know is #814 for bar diameter. I could not find reference to anything close in the citizen provided programing manual. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Tool life variables are #340XX where XX is the tool station.

So #34001 is T1 tool life in cycles, #34021 is T21 tool life in cycles, #34031 is T31 tool life in cycles. They can be written from inside a program.
Thank you so much. Was struggling to find out any information on the subject. Do you possibly know were I might find additional information on the subject? I would like to learn more about what variables can do.

Your Mitsubishi Programmer's manual has all of this information, as well as the variables for setting tool life in minutes/hours instead of cycles (useful for some tools). Also, whoever your local Citizen reseller is should be able to answer these questions for you. Citizen offers free programming and advanced applications classes to anyone who owns a Citizen machine, I HIGHLY recommend you get yourself to one of them, if at all possible. You can ask all these questions and more, and they provide a nice portfolio of advanced applications (using a dowel pin as a part probe, etc). If you talk to your reseller, they may be able to get you these files without you going to a class.

Your Mitsubishi Programmer's manual has all of this information, as well as the variables for setting tool life in minutes/hours instead of cycles (useful for some tools). Also, whoever your local Citizen reseller is should be able to answer these questions for you. Citizen offers free programming and advanced applications classes to anyone who owns a Citizen machine, I HIGHLY recommend you get yourself to one of them, if at all possible. You can ask all these questions and more, and they provide a nice portfolio of advanced applications (using a dowel pin as a part probe, etc). If you talk to your reseller, they may be able to get you these files without you going to a class.
Thanks.

Back