What's new
What's new

Tree Journeyman 325

tkdb58

Plastic
hey everyone,
I have a tree journeyman 325 and we are having an issue that the spindle won't turn all the way up to the full rpm and will time out resulting in a fault message. we are trying to drip feed our g-code to the machine so this is causing some issues for us. we were thinking maybe a start capacitor on the motor is the issue, The spindle does the same thing if we manually input the code on the machine or if we drip feed. What do you think it could be causing the spindle to not turn up?

I'm not sure if this will help but worth a try. I used to rebuild machines down at a company in Macon Georgia called Thomson Machine and they had several (old then) Tree CNC mills. You might be able to call them and ask to talk to their maintenance man. This was 15 years ago, they may have scrapped them by now. Who knows. You might be able to Google Tree CNC mill and a machine shop with one might come up. Then phone call them and ask for maintenance. I bet your machine is 40 + years old? Not many around anymore. Good luck.

I'm not sure if this will help but worth a try. I used to rebuild machines down at a company in Macon Georgia called Thomson Machine and they had several (old then) Tree CNC mills. You might be able to call them and ask to talk to their maintenance man. This was 15 years ago, they may have scrapped them by now. Who knows. You might be able to Google Tree CNC mill and a machine shop with one might come up. Then phone call them and ask for maintenance. I bet your machine is 40 + years old? Not many around anymore. Good luck.
Thank you sir I will give it a shot, the machine is from 93.

hey everyone,
I have a tree journeyman 325 and we are having an issue that the spindle won't turn all the way up to the full rpm and will time out resulting in a fault message. we are trying to drip feed our g-code to the machine so this is causing some issues for us. we were thinking maybe a start capacitor on the motor is the issue, The spindle does the same thing if we manually input the code on the machine or if we drip feed. What do you think it could be causing the spindle to not turn up?
Tired
My TREE would always make big heat in the spindle and would act like it is seizing in the Z quill. My solution was to replace it with a new 2002 HAAS TM1 and scrap the TREE.

What is the factory speed range on the 325?
I have a 250 , and higher speeds require a belt/pulley change. I don't know if the 325 is similar. Does it still have the original vfd?
I doubt it's any kind of motor capacitor problem, figure it being a 3-phase motor.
If I try to over speed my spindle when it's on the wrong range, the vfd faults out

I'm fairly sure the 325 had a 3500 or 6000 rpm spindle with a pulley change to get one or the other. Mine had a yaskawa spindle drive and motor, VS-626 MT series.
The manual has troubleshooting procedures, download here:
This should help you determine if the issue is in the motor/drive or the control.
good luck with it

Back