What's new
What's new

Troublesome DMG Gildemeister CTX Fanuc lathe

It would be a nice idea if that was possible, but it dosn't help when their MD is saying things like
"there is nothing wrong with the machine"
and
"The opperator isn't closing the door correctly"

This is almost as bad as British Rail saying
"we have the wrong kind of snow on the track"

OK, so you are both in a corner waiting for the bell. It is still not too late; try proposing a meeting with an independent chair to their MD (shy bairns get nowt). Both parties would have to agree to abide by the plan to resolve the issue. If they refuse, then if it goes legal you can show that you have made every attempt to resolve the issue. As for "The operator isn't closing the door correctly"; this seems a bit unrealistic requiring special training on how to close a door.

"The operator isn't closing the door correctly"; this seems a bit unrealistic requiring special training on how to close a door.

That's what we thought !

While I sympathise with your problems,I would think you are on a loser,for two reasons.Firstly the door interlock has to meet laid down legislation in order to achieve CE marking and meet the relevant safety standards.Secondly,DMG is one of the biggeat machine tool companies in the world with infinitely more financial and legal resources than you are likely to muster.All cnc machines sold in the EU must have door locks/interlocks fitted so that the door cannot be opened when the spindle is turning or if it can be opened the machine must go into e-stop immediately.If you have employees there is no getting around that legally and DMG will know that better than anybody.
It would seem that the door needs adjustment mechanically if just shutting it to enable cycle start is the problem and to remedy this you have to talk to DMG.As someone else has suggested you have to get round the table with these people and discuss this,much as you may not want to.
Mark.

Mark,

Nobody is saying we shouldn't have a locked door interlock.

All i'm saying is that their software would appear so cr%p that it can't cope with a few milisecond bounce on a contact.

But if it did it the old way with a sentry or piltz setup we would never get this situation, because they are too slow to respond.

Mind you, that still wouldn't explain the odd alarm I got yesterday lunchtime.

We have just installed a CTX200 machine-barely worked 300 hours in a local collage. It is really barnd new and I have found thet the interlocks are very secure. have not run the machine much but I can say that these DMG people, UK, USA, GERMANY, I think worldwide are all the same. I have directed a lot of queries to them and won`t reply. Where is their 24/7 support? My problem is to obtain the CTX200- FANUC OT programming manual. Some kind hearted soul on this forum sent me one of a CTX320 which has been of immense help. Faster than the DMG phantom replies.... anybody can help with the correct manual- [email protected]

Hello, We purchased a Gildemeister CTX 200 that has a GE Fanuc O-T control.
We have mostly figured out the programming, but we have a problem with setting up the automatic withdrawal of the steel bar from the revolver. We tried this code.
G0 X0 Z5
G0 Z-10
M36
G04 X2
G0 Z1
M37
G04 X2
G0 Z5
G0 X100 Z100

So, after entering this program, the machine opens the main revolver, the tool takes over the rod, but the program stops there and does not pull it further. I don't know what I'm not doing well. Can you halp me?

Back